1997 Taps 2 Trim Gauge GP4494A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Taps 2 Trim Gauge GP4494A

Hello, my Taps 2 GP4494A Trim Gauge needs replacement however this gauge has been discontinued. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution. I have contacted Faria Beede and waiting for reply.
    Thank you.

Welcome to the site! I'm not sure if anyone has come up with a definite replacement. I have always thought a trim gauge would work. Maybe there are different ohm readings for different setups? I really don't know. If I were going to try one I would give this one a try. It may or may not work though. Maybe someone else will chime in with a better knowledge.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/14462686780...3Avlp_homepage
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Hi Mike, I haven't come across anyone that has a replacement yet either. I had already communicated with Greatlakesskipper that was the seller on ebay. Although very helpful he wasn't aware of a replacement either. I can understand why he has a 99.9% positive feedback! I have also sent an email to Faria Beede but haven't received a response. Yes new to site but have been a Tige owner since 1997; I have my original boat; Tige PRE2050. Greatlakesskipper suggested the Tige Owners site.
      Peter

Comment

We are the same then. I am the original owner of my 97 PRE2150. I don't think there are enough of us looking for the solution to get an answer. You will just have to be the pioneer and start trying them out to see if it will work or not. Luckily they are inexpensive.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Although I have tried this possible solution from Tige yet; I received their response below.
          Paul Brockett wrote:
          Hello,
          Faria Beede no longer offers TAPS gauges.
          The GP4494 is listed in our system as using a resistance range of 10 - 88 ohms, which is the same as a Johnson/Ev. trim gauge.
          Although the scale may be off on the hi and lo ends, you can use a 13809 trim gauge in place of the TAPS gauge.
          Here is a link to this gauge in the catalog.

https://fariabeede.com/2-pages/aftermarket.php

Faria Beede aftermarket gauges come with studs on the back that require ring terminals. If your original gauges have plugs, you would need to clip the plugs off and add ring terminals for each of the main wires and one spade terminal for the light.

Faria Beede does not sell directly to customers, so if you see a part you would like to buy, Google the name Faria followed by the part number, and distributors will come up.

I hope this information is helpful.
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X