Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Tige R21 intermittent starting

Hello All,

I just bought a 2019 Tige R21 a few months ago, Second trip out, I noticed the boat would hesitate while trying to start (sometimes). Once it grabs, it starts like normal. I have been out a few more times and it appears to be getting worst. Now I will have to mess with the key for several minutes (up to half hour) to get the motor to crank (again, sometimes). I have tried unplugging and re-plugging connector under the dash and behind the throttle. As of yet, there seems to be no rhyme or reason when it starts. I have swapped out a couple cheap parts (starter relay and ignition switch) with no luck. The biggest problem I'm having is the issue is intermittent and seems to happen in worst case scenario. When is doesn't start, I hear the fuel pump prime and the beep at the ignition switch but nothing when I turn the key to start. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

My 2017 RZX3 just started having the same issue. I found this post where it sounds like someone fixed it by replacing the throttle assembly. I would love to hear from others on if/how they resolved the issue.

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/tec...ittent-problem

Comment

I seen that post as well. I believe they had no beep at the ignition switch when the key was turned and never heard the fuel pump. I'm leaning toward a loose ground but have had zero luck finding it. There are so many grounds on these boats!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the post,

Comment

Mine was doing the same thing for a year and last trip out wouldn’t start at all. Replaced the starter. Still nothing. Dealer replaced the throttle and it started right up. Have the dealer replace under warranty before you are dead on the water.

Comment

What year is your Tige?

Comment

If it's not cranking at all, it might be the neutral safety sensor. I had to replace my throttle handle last summer. It's a "known" issue with the livorsi (sp?) throttle.

Comment

I heard you can bypass the neutral safety switch sensor at the trans to test the throttle handle. Does anyone know what connector it is?

Comment

Replacing the throttle assembly fixed my intermittent starting issue as well. Unfortunately, my boat is no longer under warranty so it wasn't cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X