Error code reader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error code reader?

I have a 2005 Tige Switch Ci...can anyone tell me if the GM Vortech 5.7 has the ability to hook up an error code reader? If so, what might it look like?

TIA,

Yes, there is a diagnostics port on every EFI marine engine however, it is not like those of the automobile industry. Best to get a shop with one to hook up or you can look into Rinda technologies and Linda.com and buy your own, the cheapest is around around $400. What is your situation where you need diagnostics?
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

I'm leaning towards a fueling issue, but unsure. Hence, the diag tool. Boat wont produce power above 3K....

I searched numerous posts and the culprit could be one of 30 specific items! UGH.

Appreciate your response.
      Last edited by flyboy; 07-17-2023, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Anyone have a picture of the diagnostic port?

Comment

If it's not throwing a beep or alarm then the code reader won't be a help, they don't show fuel pressure. Get a fuel pressure tester from the auto parts store and connect to the Schrader valve (looks like a big inflation port on a tire) immediately behind the flame arrestor/air filter. It stands vertical on the hardline between the two fuel rails and should have a removable cap on it. Read your idle pressure and pressure at cruising then above 3000. A failed low pressure fuel pump will present this exact problem. When did it run fine last?
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Ran a bit rough end of last season..I'll start with the fuel water filter..and move up the line from there.

Comment

Running on 4 cylinders---clogged injectors. Will run some injector cleaner to clean off the deposits.

Comment

Working...
              X