Water leaking in hull on 2020 R23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water leaking in hull on 2020 R23

My 2020 R23 has started taking on water this summer and causing the bilge to run a lot.

I'm pretty sure it's not the ballast bags leaking because I get water when I haven't surfed and just out on the lake in the boat.

Example
    I just spent 5 days on the lake with the boat sitting in the water in a slip. The bilge literally came on every 15 or 20 mins just siting in the slip( i typically trailer my boat in dry storage during the week).
    I do have the surf exhaust and the 3000 lb factory ballast system. I have made zero modifications to the boat and the boat has 360 hours on it.

I've read a few threads but didn't find much to help me narrow down where to start looking.

Any help is appreciated!

Primary points that tend to be the culprit for leaks, shaft seal, rear exhaust, or swim deck mounts, and ballast bags.

Could close/open all your ball valves to your ballast system as another area.

Comment

Originally posted by Grebva3 View Post
      Primary points that tend to be the culprit for leaks, shaft seal, rear exhaust, or swim deck mounts, and ballast bags.

Could close/open all your ball valves to your ballast system as another area.
      After this weekend I looked at the boat on the trailer and saw this around the surf exhaust. Looks to be cracked to me. Would it leak water through this area?
      Attached Files

Comment

It’s very likely….check interior mounting points of anything mounted on back of boat while sitting in water.

Comment

Does your boat have a dripless shaft seal like below? If so, while the boat is in the water, push on the boot part and see if water comes in. I need to adjust mine every couple years because it allows water in and worsens while surfing. Easy fix, remove top set screws (probably 2), then loosen set screws that are deep in the hole (They are stacked on top of each other), push the metal disk down to compress the boot and retighten the two deep set screws, then replace top set screws.

Comment

The cracked weld will for sure let water in, even with engine off.

Comment

I got the surf pipe replaced and it improved the amont of water the boat was taking on but didn't eliminate completely so I will look at the drive shaft next.

thanks for everyone's feedback.

Now another problem got the boat back from dealer that replaced the surf pipe and now the e tower switch isn't working... man!!! and the breaker beside the switch didn't kick out so has to be the switch.. Good thing it's in the up position.......

Comment

I had that problem on mine, remove the panel and make sure all wires are connected to the relays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IPM that's exactly what it was. The dealer came over and fixed it and said the connection to the relays were loose.

Comment

Originally posted by txtige View Post
                    IPM that's exactly what it was. The dealer came over and fixed it and said the connection to the relays were loose.
                    Hahaha nice! Easy fix!

Comment

Wires connected to relays can make a water leak?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                        Wires connected to relays can make a water leak?
                        Tower problems…

Comment

Working...
                        X