Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 22v losing power at high RPM

Hi,

I had an issue today where we were losing power between 3500 and 4000 RPM but not consistently. I have a 2005 22v Marine Power. Found another thread discussing the fuel pump. I found a wire and plugged that in that was just below the fuel filter. However, I found an a bolt with a pointed end and 3 nuts in the bottom of the engine bay. I purchased the boat last year so its possible but unlikely they have been down there for long. I looked around and couldn't find anything obvious. Anyone have ideas of where I should look? I uploaded a photo of them. The washer was a hose that I fixed. The ball bearing was likely from my previous project (water pump). Also on the port side of the engine there is a cap in the center of the block. There was also a hose that looked like at one time it connected there. I uploaded pictures of both locations.

Any ideas?

Hi there
    Just my thoughts but chime in if anyone thinks otherwise.

The one in the block would be to drain the block of water on that side, there should be another on the other side as well.

The hose your holding would be to drain your oil out of the sump on motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok first off, welcome. Second, DON'T MAKE ELECTRICAL OR HOSE CONNECTIONS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GO, it could get you killed or destroy your engine. The hose in your hand is the oil sump drain hose and is used for oil changes only, do not connect it to the engine block fitting with the cap on it. The fitting with the cap on it is the engine block water drain and various options have hose connections there for hot shower or heater connections. Leave it capped.

It is always possible to find hardware in the bottom of the bilge, ask me how I know. Most of the time it's unrelated to anything important unless you recently dropped it there.

As for your loss of power at higher rpm, do the standard routine first: replace spark plugs, cap and rotor, fuel and oil filters and oil change and then put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and determine what is happening at higher rpm. There are several threads on how to do this, just use the search tool.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
      X