I’m still here…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m still here…

Haven’t been really visible because of busy work schedules and low lake levels. Still need a new trailer! Lol.

Anyway, only surfed a few times this year and a few time last year, but wanted to share my latest fun out in the Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. We are at 5% capacity but still doing our thing! Thinking about it coming to Lake Mead this year to see some old friends! Miss everyone!

https://youtu.be/_owlQfBL-V8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow looks great

Sunshine ☀️ flat water and you all having fun.

So jealous over here in Melbourne Australia is winter and cold and wet.

Comment

Hi Mike!!! Me too!!! Let's see who else from the good ol days still owns a Tige. Chime in oldies!!!
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by AussieJohn View Post
        Wow looks great

Sunshine ☀️ flat water and you all having fun.

So jealous over here in Melbourne Australia is winter and cold and wet.

Thanks John! I’m sure you can come to the states and get your fix at one of the many reunions! Definitely loved Sydney when I visited. You Aussies are AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
          Hi Mike!!! Me too!!! Let's see who else from the good ol days still owns a Tige. Chime in oldies!!!
          Agreed! Think I take the cake on oldest boat

Comment

I’m 51 and still skiing most weekends over our summer
            My boat is a 2000 year direct drive 21i
            Great boat nearly 700 hours and still
            Going well
            I started skiing at 15 and still
            Love it

Comment

h2osk8er00 I am still here.not sure what happened a while back. I got removed (banned) lost a lot of posts were removed like I was never here. From 2019- couple months ago. I don't think Matt can fix it. But after that I noticed the forum was not as active. And wondered If a lot of people got banned by mistake also? I am still not sure what happened or why. I use to come here every day. Now Once a week at best. There seem to be a lot of new guys here they do use the search function. but can't find the answer to there question because the person who had the answer was ban and their answer is no longer there. Of corse this is just a theory. I don't know if anyone else mistakenly was ban or not. What I do Know you could search and find a complete thread with the answer in there somewhere. Now a lot of old posts are brought back up with no answer in them.

Comment

I know another member that was banned for some reason even though he didn't do anything.

The Tige Facebook Groups (Tige Owners / Tige 22VE & 24VE Only) seem to get the most traction these days. It's pretty quiet on here now.

Comment

Originally posted by h2osk8er00 View Post

Agreed! Think I take the cake on oldest boat
                  No way. Still plowing the water with my 97 DD. Headed to Lake Powell on Saturday.
                  Max is probably driving the boat now.
                  I don't think anyone was "banned" probably just got lost when they made that website transition years ago. Ever since then, every post I make has to be approved by an admin. They can't fix it unless I start a new account.
                  Cool video, as always. Thanks for sharing and hope to see you on the water soon.
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post

I don't think anyone was "banned" probably just got lost when they made that website transition years ago.
                    This happened a few months ago and Yes I was "banned" Matt quickly corrected it. but the forum lost all my post from 2019-2023 Not that Mine contains value.lol but if it happened to others. There is a lot of threads that have missing info now, I have a feeling it wasn't only me. One of the best things about TOF was most of the guys posted a follow up how said problem was fixed or resolved. Lots of threads now dug up from the past with answer. Again I really don't know.

Comment

Definitely sucks, I had a bunch of info, about my boat in old threads that’s gone. I can’t even see a bunch of my own older posts. Same thing on wakegarage. I guess I should be saving stuff that people helped me with, instead of relying on someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I haven't lost anything on the garage. I just feel dejected/disappointed here. this forum use to be so good. I read some post someone new pulls up from the past and from one to the post to the next you can tell someone's info is gone. Just doesn't read right. thank god boatwakes and mike liquid posts are intact well seam to be. that would be a huge loss. I haven't seen freeheall for quite a while. another huge loss.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
                          I haven't lost anything on the garage. I just feel dejected/disappointed here. this forum use to be so good. I read some post someone new pulls up from the past and from one to the post to the next you can tell someone's info is gone. Just doesn't read right. thank god boatwakes and mike liquid posts are intact well seam to be. that would be a huge loss. I haven't seen freeheall for quite a while. another huge loss.
                          I’ll have to go back and mess with wakegarage again, I haven’t been on there much. Last year was a terrible boating year, in Northern Nevada and California, and this year, I’ve had zero time. Only had the boat out twice, so far, and we were doing coil packs at 11pm with headlamps on, just to get it out for the first one. Which really sucks, because we’re in our best water year, of my lifetime, this year.

@freeheel, not being around, as much, or at all, is definitely a huge loss. It sounds like the Facebook group is better, but I don’t mess with any of that stuff, so I don’t really know. I do know that when I started here, 2017, I think, this place was a lot more active, and I do miss that, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ok, I’ll address the elephant in the room… those of us who have been around a while (in this forum, well, I guess that could be age as well, lol) remember the PW Thread where many of the knowledgeable folks would come in here just to chat and catch up on an almost daily basis. However, it seemed to me a personality conflict with a couple of the gentlemen forced the administrator to shut that thread down completely. Since then, the forum has slowed down tremendously. Now, social media was picking up steam around the same time, but many of the “experienced” folks left once that thread was shut down. I won’t pick sides in that personality conflict, but I will say one person seemed to enjoy trolling quite often. Sad his actions seem to have negatively effected so many others. I’m on social media, but I’ve grown tired of the same questions over and over again, instead of this format where people can come in and just do a search. I often suggest people on social media come to this site for answers, but don’t see many new people around. Oh, the good old days

Comment

LOL, Dave, I see the same on the FB page and just can't help myself sometimes but I try to be my best self here. This is the group that really makes my heart beat. I've gained many friends here and lost my best over boat work head butting but that's just life. Lots of new faces/boats here but I still am wholeheartedly happy to help everyone who asks. I'm glad we had the good old days because they were good.
                              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                              X