Ballast won’t drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast won’t drain

Had a good surf this evening but my starboard rear ballast won’t drain. All others worked fine.

1) is there a manual/secondary switch anywhere? It filled so I assume it’s not the screen.
    2) is there a manual drain valve or anyway to drain other than pulling off hoses or removing the pump cartridge and letting it drain in the bilge?
    3) the pump doesn’t turn on. I think it’s bad but have not checked to make sure if it’s got power.

the only other odd thing about the trip is the house battery was dead. It’s didn't appear to be charging unless on combine.

any other suggestions/ideas?

thanks

You should have a manual override switch to activate the pump, assuming the pump itself still works or there's not another electrical issue. Not sure about the location in all boats, but in my 2018 R23 the manual override panel is in the bow compartment in front of the helm.

If your pump is burned out or there's another electrical issue, the manual override won't work, and then you're down other troubleshooting paths.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d check fuse panel…then get volt meter and check pump…depending on location not hard to swap

Comment

Pump was bad. Had a spare so changed it out and all is good. Never did find a manual switch

Comment

The manual switch would have been a single switch for all empty pumps.

Comment

Working...
          X