Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Lake for Water Sports in the U.S. by USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Lake for Water Sports in the U.S. by USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards

https://www.10best.com/awards/travel...r-sports-2023/

No. 10: Lake Huron - Michigan

No. 9: Lake Erie - New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania

No. 8: Lake Michigan - Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin

No. 7: Lake Tahoe - California and Nevada

No. 6: Lake Champlain - New York and Vermont

No. 5: Lake Cumberland - Kentucky

No. 4: Big Bear Lake - California

No. 3: Lake Superior - Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin

No. 2: Lake Havasu - Arizona and California

No. 1: Lake of the Ozarks - Missouri

I'm surprised Lake Powell didn't make the list. Good to see some surfing pics included.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Surprised Powell didn't get a mention too.

This is obviously based on pure popularity of the lakes. Personally, the best lakes would be ones with next to no one on them.lol. My families summer house is on Nicola Lake, BC which is 6110ac (9.5sq miles) and banana shaped. On any given holiday weekend there's maybe 10 boats on the whole lake. It's not the most popular of lakes but, for that reason alone it's a lot better than the others around that get quite crowded.
    Attached Files

Comment

Big Bear Lake? Water is almost always cold, the drive pulling a trailer up there is brutal, and a stock prop won't get it done. Pretty lake for sure, but in the top 10 best lakes for water sports? Respectfully disagree.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the list I have been to Lake Cumberland, and the Ozarks. Cumberland water is way prettier. and would put Dale Hallow over Both of them in this region. The water there is gorges. I have been to Lake Erie. many times not really special BUT it is a one of the "GREAT LAKES" I understand why it made the list JMO .

Comment

I have never boated on Big Bear Lake but when Dave mentioned towing up there I remember this picture that I believe was in Big Bear.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Lake of the Ozarks #1? Only if you go first thing in the morning or late in the evening. Way too many big boats and too rough for reasonably sized wakeboats. Guess it could depend on where you are on the lake but it's super crowded.

Comment

I was going to say a lot of the same stuff about Tahoe. It usable for like 3 months, 4 if you’re tough, gets rough every day by like 2pm, and legit rough, not just some ripples, the water is cold, and almost all of the ramps and parking suck. There are 10 better lakes for water sports in a 50 mile radius. It’s one of the most picturesque lakes, in the country, for sure, but for water sports, no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m glad none of my places made the list!!!

Comment

I've been on the 3 lakes in the West and none of them are good water sports lakes IMO. Marketing top 10 list for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X