2006 24 VE wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 24 VE wont start

I got the boat out last night for the first time in 2 years. Deep cleaned it last night. This morning put batteries in and hooked up fake a lake. It will turn over but will not start. Batteries seemed weak so hooked my truck up to the boat. Still wont fire. Anyone have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction. I believe its the 350 hp GM. I guess i can top off fuel maybe add some sea foam. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is the fuel pump priming?

Try to turn it over with a little bit of throttle using the throttle only button on your control. If that doesnt help try a little bit of starter fluid? Sometimes if it hasnt been started in a while it will need a little help. Theres a chance that youre not getting fuel due to the boat sitting and the fuel system being gummed up from old gas. Its hit or miss, I usually personally feel like 2 years isnt too bad and it should start back up but some people have had other experiences.

If it starts up with starter fluid but then dies and wont stay running, that would lead me to think the fuel system needs to be cleaned out.

Comment

Got it going ! Bad fuel pump relay.

Comment

Working...
      X