Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Vent Leak - FIX?

Boat: 2004 22V
    Has anyone solved the issue of fuel leaking out the vent? Even when I'm 1/2 - 3/4 full, fuel will leak out of the vent when it's on the trailer. I put it nose down and that helps, but does not prevent the issue. I'm looking for a solution to PREVENT the issue. I did email Tige directly. I looked through this forum and didn't see anything that would "fix" the issue. Any help would be appreciated - I just got a new cover and don't want to use it until I get this fixed. Thanks!

Same here, I fill on the first speed notch, when it starts to gurgle, I stop.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Follow the vent line from the tank to the overboard vent. If correctly routed, there should be a loop in the hose above the vent, not below it. If it's below it, it someone's first day on the assembly line and the loop is holding fuel, venting it as the boat moves. You may need to install new hose to make sure the loop is in the correct position. Be sure to use 5/8" ID marine fuel hose if you have to replace it.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
      X