Can you add smart wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you add smart wheel?

New tige owner looking to add the smart steering wheel and interior leds to my rzx2. Is it a dealer only option of where does one find them to be added?

I have the smart wheel but x2 on wanting to add the OEM RGB lights to my 2020 R21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lubashm View Post
      Is it a dealer only option of where does one find them to be added?
      The answer is in your question. Dealer is the only way to get one. WAIT
      now I see you dug up a year old post that know one answered. to ask a Question that can't help you with.
      Last edited by gumby; 06-27-2023, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I hope so…. I got the hub from a forum member two years ago but you also need to get the compatible steering wheel. I couldn’t get tige to sell me one during Covid so I ended up getting a wheel direct from isotta. I had to also buy a 4 pin duetsch connector. Hoping to install this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowzer View Post
          I hope so…. I got the hub from a forum member two years ago but you also need to get the compatible steering wheel. I couldn’t get tige to sell me one during Covid so I ended up getting a wheel direct from isotta. I had to also buy a 4 pin duetsch connector. Hoping to install this weekend.
          hope its worth the wait, let me know how it goes!

Comment

Bowzer How did the install go? Any issues? Also, you mention getting a "hub" a while back. Is that a required component if you're adding a smart wheel? (Like what the smart wheel plugs into?)
            Thanks!

Comment

Smartwater.png
              No. But if you drink this, it'll help.
              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by okiepilgrim View Post
                Bowzer How did the install go? Any issues? Also, you mention getting a "hub" a while back. Is that a required component if you're adding a smart wheel? (Like what the smart wheel plugs into?)
                Thanks!
                I called the “smart wheel” the hub. You need it, the compatible steering wheel and a 4 pin deutch plug. Install was fine. Only “issue” is the lights are always on in the smart wheel unless I turn the master switch off.

there is a open plug back behind the screen you plug into but there is obviously something off with my wiring. Otherwise it’s really nice to have so you’re not trying to use the tiny screen icons. Would recommend.

Comment

Working...
                X