2016 RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 RZX

Hello all. I recently purchased a 2016RZX at the end of last year. I went boating a couple days ago and was struggling with keeping the bow up when turning around and going over the wave to pick up downed surfer. My last Tige wasn't computer controlled and I could easily gas it over the wave to get the bow up. This one will only accelerate up to preset surf speed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No no no. DO NOT power turn. Go to neutral, spin the wheel opposite side of surfer, once waves have passed idle back around to your surfer.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
      No no no. DO NOT power turn. Go to neutral, spin the wheel opposite side of surfer, once waves have passed idle back around to your surfer.
      Thanks, that's what I've been doing but it seems to take quite a bit longer for the waves to clear on this Tige' compared to my old one!

Comment

One thing you can try as well is starting your turn away from rider while decelerating (don't wait for neutral), then ease into neutral, then feather reverse slightly to help speed the rotation. One side will be naturally easier than other due to prop walk (if you have a left or right rotation prop). My '18 R23, for example, tends to reverse to starboard, making the turn to pick up goofy surfers a little tighter than for regular surfers.

Or maybe just get an aftermarket stem thruster lol.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X