2023 model year GO System programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 model year GO System programming

On my 2023 21ZX I noticed that the GO System and Speed Control programming is slightly different from my 2022 21ZX. Here are the differences I noticed; I'm wondering if this is how the programming is supposed to work or if there is some flaw in the program on my specific boat? Has anyone here experienced this with the 2023 models?:
    1. GO System - my context here is specifically for "Surf" mode, and not "Ski" or "Wake" mode.
      • 2023 -
        • There is a "GO System default set screen" where the user can set values for Left Surf, and separately for Right Surf, for speed, wave size (1-5), taps level (1-8), ballast port (0-100%), ballast starboard (0-100%), ballast bow (0-100%). The setting from the factory for ballast was 100%.
        • The issue I'm finding with this, is that when switching sides (Right to Left, or Left to Right), the ballast starts filling (if the ballast is currently filled less than 100%). I don't want the system to do this, and then have to quickly go to the ballast screen and turn off the ballast.
        • I tested the system by adjusting the default values to 0% (then you can fill by going to the ballast screen and fill that way). This results in the ballast draining when I switch sides, which isn't ideal either, because you still have to go to the ballast screen and turn off the ballast.
        • I realize that I could set them somewhere in between (say 60%), but that will still result in either draining or filling when I switch sides. The percentages are typically pretty inaccurate, so this alternative doesn't really work well.
      • 2022 -
        • When turning on the GO System, and tapping "GO", the ballast starts to fill.
        • When switching sides (while underway - i.e. doing a transfer, or while in neutral switching riders), the ballast does not adjust. It does not fill or drain. It stays at the level you filled it to, on the initial start-up of the GO System
    2. Speed Control
      • 2023 -
        • Default turns on the speed control to the last value used.
        • When switching sides while surfing or switching in neutral to get ready for the next rider, the speed control turns off, and has to be turned on again.
      • 2022 -
        • Default turns on to 11mph, then you can adjust from there.
        • When switching sides while surfing or switching to get ready for the next rider, the speed control stays on at the current speed setting.
    Has anyone here experienced this with the 2023 models?
    2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Your first comment about the ballast is just how the 2023 software works defaulting back to the pre set settings for each surf side.

For the speed. That should not be happening. Does your cruise automatically turn on when you turn on surf? It should default to that speed when switching sides.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
      Your first comment about the ballast is just how the 2023 software works defaulting back to the pre set settings for each surf side
      Thanks for the response. Regarding the ballast, if that is the case (2023 software was changed to work this way) I can't think of a scenario where that would be desired. As an example, if a rider was doing a transfer, it would start filling or draining. Maybe would work if the displayed ballast level %'s were accurate, but they are not. I understand you can adjust the timers to better match the fill times, but you'd be fiddling with the timers constantly to keep them anywhere near in sync. Do you agree/know that the 2022's did this differently? I was looking through the menus to see if I can disable the pre-set values, but didn't find a way to do that. I can change them, but I haven't found a way to disregard them (and essentially turn on GO, but not have ballast start/stop/change).

For the speed. That should not be happening. Does your cruise automatically turn on when you turn on surf? It should default to that speed when switching sides.
      Regarding the speed, it does automatically turn on when Go Surf is turned on. It defaults to the speed set in the setup menu for the side chosen. Once the system is on, and then you switch sides, the speed control turns off.

Comment

I don’t believe you can disable the pre sets in the new software. What are you running for your ballast settings that cause such an issue? Generally 100% for both sides is ideal maybe drop down 5-10% but that really wouldn’t be a huge deal to fill or drain.

Something isn’t right with your cruise control not staying on when switching sides. Try updating or resetting back to factory.

Comment

I don’t believe you can disable the pre sets in the new software. What are you running for your ballast settings that cause such an issue? Generally 100% for both sides is ideal maybe drop down 5-10% but that really wouldn’t be a huge deal to fill or drain.

Something isn’t right with your cruise control not staying on when switching sides. Try updating or resetting back to factory.
          Firmware is updated, I'll try resetting the settings back to factory and see if it reacts differently. Thanks for the responses, really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X