2009 Z1 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 Z1 Engine

Picked up a Z1 that has been sitting for 8 years for nothing. Dropped it off at a local boat shop near the house. They said there is water in the combustion chambers. New engine needed. Its a 5.7 PCM. Guy told me 12 to 14 grand. Is this my only option to replace with new? Are there no such things and reman engines anymore? Interior is dry rotted and cracked; gel coat needs love and the carpet has to be removed. It has been left uncovered for a number of years. Am i wasting my time and money?

Not if you bought it for the right price.

Comment

I think the shop is just trying to do the least amount of work. It is easier to drop in a new engine with everything plug and play than moving what you have to a new long block. Depending on the damage done because of the water, a machine shop may be able to rebuild what you have for way cheaper, but that all depends on what damage was done.

Comment

$12-14k seem redic. I've heard around $ 5-7 in the past. The PCM is a late 90's era Vortec motor. Anything that doesn't have water running through it can be bought at any automotive parts store. I'd look to see what kind of block or whole motor you can source.

Comment

$12-$14 does include labor?

Comment

You might search planetnautique for a source for PCM replacement motors or remans, they may have a better source since the nautiques have had pcm motors for so long, their forum is a little more active too (sorry).

Comment

Call Jasper Engines and ask what a long block cost.

Comment

Working...
              X