Buying first tige need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying first tige need advice

Hey guys I’m new here. I’m looking at buying an 06 24ve with roughly 260 engine hours. The current owner states that the boat has gotten a knock sensor alarm. I believe he replaced the knock sensor and still had trouble with it alarming. He said that he was unable to get it to stop so he unplugged it. He said the boat seems to run fine with no auditable knocking .This mildly concerns me. What would be the cause of the alarm? Is this something that can be easily fixed or will it potentially cause me a headache and costly repairs?

otherwise the boat seems to be in great shape. New interior. Very little cosmetic damage. The owner states that the boat was serviced at a dealership in Abilene prior to him purchasing it. The records indicate they were routine.

Thank you for any advice you may have.

I should also say the owner stated there have been no other issues with the boat. He says it runs well with no overheating. Has a new impeller. He states that it runs great. It started right up the other day when I looked at it. Planning to do a lake test this week. What other kinds of things should I look for?

Comment

Working...
    X