Electrical Gremlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
    They don't test them on engines at that place, they look for wave form output from the ECU which is why it's not a good test.
    They told me they ran it on an engine and the injectors were firing too, have you heard bad things or had bad luck with them? I do have my suspicions right now. Do you know of someone who can test the ecu for me?

Comment

They use a "custom built" electronic "engine", not a real engine, and test all outputs. They're a relatively new company with whom we have yet to have any dealings but we always check on a real world basis, i.e. on another known working engine or will swap ecm's with known good units to diagnose. Give AZ speed and marine a call about it, here's their website link: https://azspeed.com/ecmecu-tuning/
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Well, the shop has officially given up and tested everything they can. Only thing left is to have the ecu sent out again, otherwise have an appointment with tige in june to hook it up and see whats happening. Its gotta be the ecu.

Comment

Picking up the boat this week to continue diagnostics, but does anyone if I buy an ecu, what is the cost of getting it flashed to run on the boat, and why cant I run an automotive ecu if I send it out to be tuned for the tige?

Comment

You can't run an automotive ECU because they are open loop and use O2 sensors in the system, not to mention the cams in the boat engine's are different so the fuel curve is way different from automotive...basically, you must run the MEFI (marine electronic fuel injection system) designed for your engine. Tige actually has no idea how to tune any of the engine stuff, that's solely on the engine manufacturer.
            Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
              You can't run an automotive ECU because they are open loop and use O2 sensors in the system, not to mention the cams in the boat engine's are different so the fuel curve is way different from automotive...basically, you must run the MEFI (marine electronic fuel injection system) designed for your engine. Tige actually has no idea how to tune any of the engine stuff, that's solely on the engine manufacturer.
              Ok, thanks for explaining that. Im leaving town for a week but sending the ecu to marinepower for a final definitive answer, this boat is driving me nuts.

Comment

Working...
              X