Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016-2021 RZX

Hi everyone,

looking into upgrading the ol’ 2001 21v! We are looking in the range of 2016-2021 23-25 RZX fam.

Any issues or major differences from year to year on this family of Tige?

The stuff I know of, and someone will probably correct me, or add on, but the big differences I know of are the touch screen, tower, surf plates, and they switched from a 1.5:1 drive to a 2:1 drive.

I have a 2016, and the one that I would personally like would be the 2:1 drive which I think went in the 2017s and up. I don’t really fold my tower, so the electric tower doesn’t mean much to me. I ended up switching the Taps surf plates the GSA plates. The actuators on those went to hydraulic at some point, maybe 2019 or 2020, can’t remember for sure. I’ve had a couple of actuator failures, with the older Lencos, but they haven’t been the end of the world, and I haven’t had a failure with the GSAs, but they’re also not crazy hard or expensive to replace.

What kind of elevation are you going to be running at? If I found a 2016 that I was planning on running a whole lot higher that 4000’, I would for sure find 575, or get a 2017 or newer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2020 is when they switched to the new plates, actuators and software.

Comment

2018 the RZX line went to the 2:1 transmission. In 2020, they came out with Go! Surf so new tabs, actuators, and software. Prior to 2016-2019, the E2 Power Tower was stanard. In 2020, the standard tower was the M2 manual tower, but you could upgrade to the E2 power tower. 2016-2019 The Z-Cline captain's chair was standard, after 2020 they went to the ReCline captain chair standard and Z-cline was an upgrade. I forget the year it became standard to have PnP rear bags. I know it was an option for a while, then became a standard feature. They made some interior changes in 2020 and transom lounge seats came out around 2021 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
          The stuff I know of, and someone will probably correct me, or add on, but the big differences I know of are the touch screen, tower, surf plates, and they switched from a 1.5:1 drive to a 2:1 drive.

I have a 2016, and the one that I would personally like would be the 2:1 drive which I think went in the 2017s and up. I don’t really fold my tower, so the electric tower doesn’t mean much to me. I ended up switching the Taps surf plates the GSA plates. The actuators on those went to hydraulic at some point, maybe 2019 or 2020, can’t remember for sure. I’ve had a couple of actuator failures, with the older Lencos, but they haven’t been the end of the world, and I haven’t had a failure with the GSAs, but they’re also not crazy hard or expensive to replace.

What kind of elevation are you going to be running at? If I found a 2016 that I was planning on running a whole lot higher that 4000’, I would for sure find 575, or get a 2017 or newer.

A lot of good info! Is there a big difference from the 5:1 and 2:1? Sorry if that’s a weird question, I am still pretty novice!

luckily we have low elevation about 500’, we
          go to Lake Havasu.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
            2018 the RZX line went to the 2:1 transmission. In 2020, they came out with Go! Surf so new tabs, actuators, and software. Prior to 2016-2019, the E2 Power Tower was stanard. In 2020, the standard tower was the M2 manual tower, but you could upgrade to the E2 power tower. 2016-2019 The Z-Cline captain's chair was standard, after 2020 they went to the ReCline captain chair standard and Z-cline was an upgrade. I forget the year it became standard to have PnP rear bags. I know it was an option for a while, then became a standard feature. They made some interior changes in 2020 and transom lounge seats came out around 2021 maybe?
            thank you for the info! Is the Go surf and actuators a pretty significant upgrade? Switching from a 2001 so all of this is far superior to the tech we have lol

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
              2020 is when they switched to the new plates, actuators and software.
              Is there a major difference from the equipment used from 2016-2019?

Comment

Originally posted by NewTigeWhoDis View Post

Is there a major difference from the equipment used from 2016-2019?
                Same.

Comment

A lot of good info! Is there a big difference from the 5:1 and 2:1? Sorry if that’s a weird question, I am still pretty novice!

go to Lake Havasu.

go to Lake Havasu.
                  It’s just a lower gear ratio going to your prop. Basically it gives you more power out of the hole, which is where it’s needed, to get the boat, crew, and ballast moving, when surfing or riding. The prop is also larger diameter on those 2:1 drive boats, which MikeB313 corrected me on, and was standard in 2018. It may have been optional for 2017?

You’d likely be good at Havasu, I haven’t had mine at 500’, but a lot of other boats on the forum have been good at altitudes that low. If you’re planning on running huge amounts of weight, you may want that 2:1 drive. I personally wouldn’t consider another 1.5:1, either way. But the older boats are more reasonably priced, if that’s a top concern for you.

Good luck! Keep us posted on what you find. I haven’t been watching them lately, so not too sure what’s available these days.

Comment

Working...
                  X