What do you all think? (2007 RZ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you all think? (2007 RZ2)

Bought my first boat about 6 years ago. It was a Larson I/O 20'. Loved the boat and so did my family.

Sold it last year to get into something more versatile.

Check the link out below for a local boat I am going to go look at. Owner has had it for only 4 years. Seems to be in good shape. Has had items upgraded like FAE, etc.

I have read up a lot on the boat. Can you all educate me further.

Price seems much to high from my research.

Thanks in advance!!!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/b...594663794.html

Boat looks very clean. Great first v drive but yes the price is on the high side but with that in mind it's a sellers market. For about the same price (Canadian) here is a 2010 rz2 which would get you a touch screen and alpha z tower. Even then I would say the price is still high.
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-mo...rz2/1649197864

Or just for comparison a 2013 (sold) for 56k usd
    https://lakehousemarine.com/inventory/rz2-blue-black/
    Last edited by bsreid; 03-22-2023, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it.

I am going to offer less and see what happens. I think 40k.

Few things I am concerned/wondering about.

1. I want to be able to surf the boat and ensure there is plenty of "room" to grow. Does that mean something like GSA or Taps 3 retro fit is almost a guarantee? I would rather not list the boat or have to ballast it like crazy. I am an experienced wake boarder so I plan to try and get good at surfing.
      2. Do the towers really suck that bad on these model years? I had an aftermarket tower on the Larson and it was quite loud. Would flex and creak. Hated it.
      3. Owner says it has front and rear bags. That would mean the pumps have been upgraded I would assume and the hard tanks have been removed? Is that correct in thinking?
      4.I am really worried about maneuvering the boat. That would also include my better half while I board/surf. What are key things to do or not to do while the boat is fully weighted/ballasted? I would think easing off the throttle after someone falls is key but what other pointers? Also, she is going to have to load it while I am in the truck. The I/O drove like a car pretty much.

Thanks!

Comment

1. You don't need to add a surf system you can get away with using a suction cup surf gate which will put out a great wave. Might just want more weight in the future.
        2. The towers aren't as nice as the newer ones of course but overall they are relatively solid compared to lots of the aftermarket options traditionally seen on I/O's.
        3. Generally if he mentions that it has added bags that refers to being plumbed in. Some have hard tanks removed but normally just supplemental on top.
        4. Driving an inboard takes some practice but once you learn how to use the rudder and reverse it will become natural. Just know it backs up to the drivers side and does not turn in neutral. When loaded or at any time never do a power turn, cut the gas, let the waves pass, and idle back around to your fallen rider.

I would also suggest doing a water test or having a shop take a look at it. Run and check that everything works, no leaks, vibrations, tight steering.

Best advice I could give to any new surf boat owner is to do some lessons on your with someone experienced or a local pro rider. A few hours with them equals many many hours learning on your own.

Comment

Thank you. I need to find someone who can teach me how to surf behind a boat. Literally never done it noob here.

Lets say it is just piggy back bags on top of the hard tanks. Would one likely want to upgrade the pumps? For quicker times? Or is the stock stuff robust enough? I was looking at a 2005 supreme gravity games edition and my research lead me to believe I would have to over haul and upgrade pretty much everything...

The power plant for these model year boats don't seem to get talked about lot...I guess that is a good thing. Lots of talk about the steering cables though...does it just literally break and you are effed?

Any known leak prone areas or items to really look at?

Comment

I have a 2008 RZ2 with 550 hrs. Love my boat. I paid $36k in 2018. I removed my rear hard tanks and had custom bags made by Wakemakers. I used the pumps from the rear tanks to fill my new bags. I do need to replace my front bag as it leaked.

Comment

1. I want to be able to surf the boat and ensure there is plenty of "room" to grow. Does that mean something like GSA or Taps 3 retro fit is almost a guarantee? I would rather not list the boat or have to ballast it like crazy. I am an experienced wake boarder so I plan to try and get good at surfing.
              2. Do the towers really suck that bad on these model years? I had an aftermarket tower on the Larson and it was quite loud. Would flex and creak. Hated it.
              3. Owner says it has front and rear bags. That would mean the pumps have been upgraded I would assume and the hard tanks have been removed? Is that correct in thinking?
              4.I am really worried about maneuvering the boat. That would also include my better half while I board/surf. What are key things to do or not to do while the boat is fully weighted/ballasted? I would think easing off the throttle after someone falls is key but what other pointers? Also, she is going to have to load it while I am in the truck. The I/O drove like a car pretty much.
              Listed over or surf system, you WILL need ballast.

Looks like the boat has the Tige "E" series. Its a solid tower.

No, it would mean anything ballast wise, has been upgraded.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X