2004 24V Depth alarm issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 24V Depth alarm issue

Hi folks - hoping someone can help me. Have a 2004 24V that has recently started having the depth sounder alarm go off continuously. If you push the "Mode" button on the speedometer gauge then it will stop for about 30-45 seconds before it comes on again. Before someone asks, I am sure I am not in shallow water. It will continuously go off unless you hit the mode button. This happens whether you are just idling or running at speed.

I don't have the original manuals so not sure if this is something that is caused by some sort of issue that can be easily rectified or if this is a problem with the depth sounder or the gauge itself.

Anyone else run across this issue or point me in a direction?

Does the gauge show anything on the display? Mine did something similar until it finally went out and beeped continuously. Unfortunately Faria stopped making those gauges and no longer repair them.

Comment

Go to fariabeede.com / 2-pages / manuals.php

and find ISO135

it is the owners manual for what I think is your Speedo. If not, there are other manuals there.

I am unable to post the link…..

Comment

Thanks folks for all the input. Does anyone know of any good replacement gauges for my 2004 24V?

Comment

If it is like my 2003 22v, the depth sensor is part of the speedo paddle wheel assembly on your boat’s transom. You could also look to see if anything is awry there. I believe the manual tells how to set the depth alarm triggers

Comment

Working...
          X