Any recommendations on how to best have power available for all the pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations on how to best have power available for all the pumps

Currently I have 2 type 24 Interstate batteries and have only been running on one battery at a time in my 05 22v. I get large voltage drop and belt squealing when running 3 reversible pumps. I'd really like to end up with 5 pumps. Thanks Chp for asking to take a pic of the switch on another thread. It wasn't obvious til I took a pic that my battery switch can run in "both" mode. I will definitely be running in both mode this year to see how much that helps. I'm thinking of upgrading to 2 type 31 batteries. Any recommendations on how to best have power available for all the pumps?

Sounds like the alternator is trying to keep up with the load, since its stressing the belt. Id want to make sure the belt and pulleys are in good shape the belt is tensioned properly. However, id still want to check the alternator's output both loaded and unloaded. Id check at the batteries, back of switch and at the helm BUS supply. That age of a boat can easily have a cable termination issue thats not visible to the naked eye.

Where are the 3 pumps getting their voltage/ground from?

A larger battery has a greater Ah and reserve capacity, so its usable voltage will stay higher for longer. But keep in mind, a battery is just a storage device and needs to be replenished and kept topped off so the juice is there, when you kick the 3 pumps on. This is why its important to make sure the cables and charging system are up to snuff.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thats one of the downfalls of the impeller style pumps. They are power hungry.
      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Working...
      X