Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to use Faria Commander gauge & adjust engine hours to match ECM - 2003 24v Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to use Faria Commander gauge & adjust engine hours to match ECM - 2003 24v Ltd

So I've got a 24v Limited, 2003 year model.
    It has Faria Commander gauges, and on the speedo and rev counter there's a digital section at the bottom which has 3 buttons - "M" - presumably for mode, and there's a left & right arrow button, which presumably toggles through sub options.
    The problem I have is, the boat didn't come with any kind of user manual, and although the basics of getting it turned on etc aren't too tricky since I've been around boats for years, it's these details of what's on the gauges and how to use them that I'm missing, and how to use the PerfectPass (although there's a 2005 & older generic manual on PP website which I have downloaded.

Speedo appears to toggle between two categories of readout: Depth (self explanatory), and "LOG", which then has a number that currently reads "841.8 MI" - not sure what LOG is, or the meaning of the number, so would greatly appreciate any knowledge here.

Rev counter has Air temp, water temp and Engine hours, so all those are straight forward to toggle through, but I'm not sure what the left & right arrows do - they don't seem to make any difference so far.

Also regarding engine hours, it looks to be showing 1.6 hrs, so battery disconnection for an extended period may have impacted that?
    What I want to do is manually increase the hours showing on that gauge to match the ECM readout, which is 506.6.
    It also has a factory Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro, which I've added a NauticLaugic GPS upgrade to, and I think the perfect Pass may have engine hour meter capability, so I'll investigate that through the PP user manual - that would be an alternative way to have an ongoing measurement of engine hours perhaps.

Thanks in advance for any input on the above.
    Attached Files

For the Speedo, log is the number of miles the boat has driven.

In regards to the hours, those gauges are notorious for resetting back to 0 hours. The only way to get the hours back is to power them on separately and have them count up the hours. Perfect Pass does have an hour gauge too, although for me as I buyer I would still have the ECM pulled for hours instead of the gauges.

I have made a post about calibrating the speedo and perfect pass with the NautiLogic GPS input. I found that the paddlewheel input and the GPS input were not quite the same across the speeds.

Comment

Thanks so much h20-ski, that insight is much appreciated. I have downloaded the manual for PerfectPass user guide named "WakeBoard Pro 6.5 (2005 Boats and Older)", so will work my way through that to tackle the calibration, but will read your post about calibration before doing anything.

Comment

h2o-ski, where would I find your post about calibration?

Comment

I had to digging way back Found it here: https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...edometer-issue

As a suggestion, I would calibrate it in 10 mph increments. For example when I just calibrated it at 30 mph, it was off by 2-3 mph at 10 mph (GPS) and at 20 mph (GPS) it was off by 1-2. But when I did it in increments it was only off by .7 mph across the board.

Comment

Working...
          X