X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Craft acquires Indmar

This might become interesting

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...cquires-indmar
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Agreed. CC owns a large chunk of the industry now. Will be interesting to see what their next move is and what MC will do as well. I have my assumptions but you never can tell.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Agreed interesting. I guess it depends on how much influence CC has on Indmar. If we look at the Centurion, they promised a new slalom boat before acquisition but after the acquisition the boat development stopped and marketing for it went silent.

Comment

MC is Illmar and Illmar seems to be exclusive to MC as far as marine engine go. at least in terms of wake boats. Bu now has their own engine facility. However, Tige/ATX, MB and Moomba/Supra, Sanger and Gekko wakeboats all use the Indmar Raptor powerplants. Is CC going to move forward status quo? Raise prices to their competitors? Not renew contracts?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Think this could have TIGE/ATX, MB, Moomba/Supra, and others moving back to PCM?

Comment

PCM is owned by Correct Craft as well

I'd say that they would definitely looking to turn to Marine Power or KEM for engines but I don't think those companies can support the volume of engines that the manufacturers need let alone support the product via warranty on the backend.

Being that all the brands currently using Indmar aren't publicly traded/held I'm sure the only real incentive to finding another souce for engines would be to not put money into theirs competitors pockets.

Comment

Will be interesting to see where things go with a competitor owning indmar.

Maybe the possibility of GM marine expanding in a similar way they did with Malibu. Or even better just give me a Yanmar diesel

Comment

CC paid Very well for Indmar and the credibility the name brings with it. It is an easy way to have a Ford based product without compromising the PCM name. Most retail customers have no clue who makes the engine in their boat let alone who the parent company is. CC bought the company to make money, not force the market to go to PCM. However, I do not like the consolidation of any market into just a few big players. I don’t think it is good for the consumer.

Comment

Brianrzr well said. Monopolies aren't so great. I'm sure you already know.....but if not Google the Brunswick Group and see how much of the boating industry they own. It's staggering

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                    Brianrzr well said. Monopolies aren't so great. I'm sure you already know.....but if not Google the Brunswick Group and see how much of the boating industry they own. It's staggering
                    Not to mention golf carts.. and bowling alleys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My prediction is there will be minimal felt recoil from this deal. CC business folks recognize they have an opportunity to profit every time an inboard of any brand is sold. This investment is a big coin toss for CC considering the fact that manufacturers could flip to another supplier, electric, diesel, etc. and CC will likely continue supplying everyone motors and taking a modest scoop off the top. Marketing & sales folks will tell potential CC customers they will be the priority if parts or service issues arise but otherwise the short-term impact will be minimal. Long-term, CC increases profitability supplying parts, training, etc. and that is where the profit margin grows.

This could put slight pressure on manufacturers to look at hybrid or electric powerplant options slightly quicker than planned.
                      I would not be surprised if Toyota made an Epic re-entry into the market with a Yanmar hybrid or hydrogen offering.

Comment

N.Penley I also can't help but wonder if this was a move by CC to figure out market shares. Now they know exactly how many engines are being purchased by Tige, Skiers Choice, MB, and Sanger....which in theory gives em an idea of how many boats their competitors are rolling out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                          PCM is owned by Correct Craft as well

I'd say that they would definitely looking to turn to Marine Power or KEM for engines but I don't think those companies can support the volume of engines that the manufacturers need let alone support the product via warranty on the backend.

Being that all the brands currently using Indmar aren't publicly traded/held I'm sure the only real incentive to finding another souce for engines would be to not put money into theirs competitors pockets.
                          This is great in theory until you start looking at the comms side. We are fortunate to have someone very close to the Marine power gang . As much as I would love to see it, the infrastructure needed to be able to supply a working engine to someone like Tige etc is pretty wild. Not to say it couldn't get figured out but thats a lot of eggs to put in the basket of a company that just isn't anywhere near the power house that Indmar is.
                          Germaine Marine
                          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I just saw that CC has bought Pace. Pace is a manufacturer of marine grade electrical cable and wiring. Interesting.

Comment

My bet is that they are going to start pushing hard with their Ingenity electric propulsion systems with that acquisition and to also reduce cost of their brands electrical systems.

Comment

Working...
                              X