Build sheet/wave info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build sheet/wave info

Hi! New to the forum here…wondering about finding the original build sheet for a 2017 R 21. I have the hull ID info. Also, how well does this boat surf? Thanks!!

Contact your dealer, they can get the original build sheet from the factory. The R21 needs about 800lbs mid ship imo, whether its' 4-5 people, lead, or ballast bag. Run TAPS at 4, TAPS3 at 4, speed 10.8-11.2, front ballast 50%, rear ballast 100% and adjust from there as you prefer the wave.

Comment

Far out! Thanks for the direction.

Comment

Originally posted by kohl3185@pacificu.edu View Post
        Hi! New to the forum here…wondering about finding the original build sheet for a 2017 R 21. I have the hull ID info. Also, how well does this boat surf? Thanks!!
        I have a 2017 R21 down here in CA and if you ever need help setting up wave shoot me a PM and we can exchange #s. Mikes settings are right there but we prefer full ballast in the front. I have also added 300lbs with 150# in each locker(bought them on Amazon for super cheap). I found on my boat when running more nose up the wave was big but very short. I could only lengthen the wave by pushing the nose back down and bumping up speed a tad. Once we added the additional ballast the wave got bigger and longer and that's what we prefer to run.

There are a ton of guys on here that are extremely helpful. Enjoy the boat.

Comment

Cool. I'll keep that in mind when we head out in the spring/summer! Raining and crummy here today. seasons done. I did find out some interesting info about my boat. Apparently it was a Tige demo in 2017 (its pic is actually in the 2017 brochure. just a half page haha) I learned from Justin at Tige that they changed the plates a little after 2017 due to the older style putting too much pressure on the actuators. they were experiencing some early failures. This boat was updated and they put new actuators on it (only 30 hrs or so ago). Should be all set once our temps in the PNW warm back up! Stoked.

Comment

Working...
          X