New Boat Winterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Boat Winterization

It’s that time of year here in Pennsylvania and I have 2022 Z1 with a Indmar Raptor 400 in it that I am needing to winterize. I have already drained water from where the little blue plugs are at, changed the oil and put fuel stabilizer in the tank. I have not done anything with anti-freeze (should I ?), anything with the heater system or anything with the ballast system. Closet Tiger dealer is 3-1-/2 hours away and I was curious if any one here has any tips or advice about what else is needed for winterizing. Boat will be stored indoors and covered but building is not heated. Thanks for any help!

Heater is using the PG antifreeze that's run in the engine block and heads, so no need to mess with it. It's super easy to run the engine on antifreeze thru the strainer. I'd do it as it's cheap insurance.

I've never had an issue with aerator pumps beyond pushing "Drain all" and waiting for then to move air instead of water. Some will pour antifreeze down the vent lines and then run some of that antifreeze thru the pumps.

Comment

Any idea of which vent lines to use? Down all or just certain ones?

Comment

If interested inboardonline sells the indmar strainer without the 90 degree cap. Bakes has the one with the 90 degree cap. Makes adding RV antifreeze super easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grebva3 View Post
          If interested inboardonline sells the indmar strainer without the 90 degree cap. Bakes has the one with the 90 degree cap. Makes adding RV antifreeze super easy.
          The Indmar strainer is standard Tige feature starting a few years back.

@z21spiker If you turn on your drain pumps and put your ear up to the thru hulls you should be able to figure out which ones are the pump drains. The one next to it will be the vent. There should be one extra thru hull and that will be bilge pump

Comment

Working...
          X