TORN between AVX and GSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TORN between AVX and GSA

To keep the AVX or not to keep the AVX?? Now, before y’all say GSA plates are the absolute way to go, I want to hear from the Tige fam that run the same or similar set up that I do. I have a 15 Z3, surf XL package (3500 lbs stock ballast), plus 850lbs of lead. Mission Delta 2.0 wakeshaper. I do not list my boat with ballast…I run full ballast and just move the wakeshaper from one side to the other depending on if the surfer is a regular or goofy rider.
    Not gonna lie, I have a MONSTER wave with this set up, and I have quite a bit of adjustability between the AVX setting, the taps setting, the speed, and just moving a couple people around (or a bag or two of lead) to get 3 degrees of list either way. I have a sneaking suspicion that because of the hull design on the older z3’s like mine, (although they were originally designed to be listed) we have stumbled into a wake making beast when she’s fully loaded and slammed.
    Has anybody out there switched from AVX to GSA with a similar set up? I realize that the GSA plates are much more convenient than a wake shaper, and my TT2 is updated to control TAPS 3 (which should make GSA plug and play). I’m just hesitant, with the wave I have, to drop $5000 for some plates I have to put in myself. Looking for advice y’all! Thanks much!!

I also have a 2015 Z3 with the surf XL, running about 600 pounds of lead. I first converted the AVX to Tige plates and then to GSA. The GSA is convenient but that is the only plus over the AVX. The AVX produces a cleaner wave in my opinion. You should be able to get the GSA for less than $5,000. You don't need anything but the plates. You use the same actuators that control the AVX. If you do not have Fresh Air Exhaust already, plan on adding it if you remove the AVX. The tunnel in the AVX does a good job of keeping the exhaust in the prop wash.

Comment

Both can create a good wave. GSA is a much simpler setup and works amazingly well on the z3, no messing around with settings just hit surf and go. It sounds like you have figured out how to make AVX work which is the hardest part for many so it will likely just come down to convince.

Comment

Imagine what you can do with all that weight and GSA ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take your boat to a good gel/glass guy, Cut some pockets into the AvX and do them both would be my recommendation if you want it to be wild.
          Germaine Marine
          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
          X