Oil filter relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil filter relocation

Hey guys. I have a 99 2100v with a 350 mag mpi and I'm wondering if anyone has used an oil filter relocation kit like the pcms have? There seems to be a lot of options. Thanks in advance

Never installed one after the fact but have swapped many from one block to another on engine swaps. They are pretty straightforward as you mentioned. Biggest thing is figuring out where you want to bolt it up. You might be able to make a bracket that would mount to the unused bolt holes at the back of the head on bank one.

We just use very short filters and it's pretty darn easy to get em in and out of the bilge. Sierra 18-7824-2 is what I prefer.

Comment

Be sure to use the correct hose ends when using a relocation kit and by that I mean use hose ends with a sweeping 90* in it and not a sharp 90* adapter threaded into the filter housing or its adapter. We spoke with Milodon years ago regarding oil flow on a big cube offshore motor we were building and they tuned us in to how poorly the sharp 90* adapters affected oil flow. I would suggest using the mercruiser parts for the relocation but entirely up to you. Punch in your engine serial number at perfprotech.com and there will be a diagram associated with the remote oil filter and its associated parts.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I was looking into the factory mercruiser kits but I really wanted to go with the Ford filter like the pcms as they are more readily available by me. Good information about the 90 degree hoses thanks. Now just to find my serial number and start looking. Thanks again

Comment

Also, Milodon does not recommend using the double oil filter mount as it adversely affects oil flow as well.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
          X