Keep my 23zx or upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep my 23zx or upgrade?

Dreaming about a end of season upgrade. Have a 2021 23zx now and love it minus the couple of problems boat shop haven’t been able to fix yet. Surf wave is awesome and going wakeboarding this weekend for the first time ever.
    Questions
    1- how should I set up my wakeboard wake this weekend?
    2- should I look at a 2022 25ZX or a 24RZX?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

Either would be an upgrade. It really comes down to personal preference, personally I way prefer the style and performance of my 25ZX but others also say they prefer the 24rzx. So go sit in them both and if you an get out on the water.

Comment

24RZX is the best boat Tige' makes IMO. It is a big improvement far as fuel consumption is concerned. Plus the lines on it just look good to me.

Comment

I like the look of both. What makes it the best boat ever?

Comment

First its not a wet ride like most other Tige boats are, The leaning post with a trash can behind the drive is great. The storage is huge in the boat. The walkway out the front that changes to a full play pen is nice. Surf wave is great with the 4100# of ballast. And in my opinion it is just the best looking boat Tige makes.

Comment

“Wet ride like most other Tige Boats are”? On our 4th Tige, and I didn’t think ANY of them were a “wet ride”. I know some of the RZX models were famous for a wet ride, but I wasn’t aware of any of the other models were. I’m not trying to start an argument or debate, just didn’t think a “wet ride” was a issue on most other Tige Boats.

Comment

I guess a bad choice of words. The RZX23 I had was a wet ride. This new RZX24 is night and day difference. Some other people I spoke with said their zx23 was not any better in rough water. Only real experience I have is with a 2021rzx23 and now my new 2022 rzx24. I can say with confidence the rzx24 was a big improvement over the rzx23, which I would hope it would be as it is the newer model.

Comment

I had a 2021 25ZX and just recently got a 2022 24RZX. Rough water ride, fuel economy, storage (if that’s important to you) goes the 24. I’ve had four different model Tiges and it’s better than any in my opinion. However, the 25ZX surfs better and feels roomier than any Tige I have been in.

Comment

That's fair maxrider. Our 23ZX rides good, not great in rough water... and I have heard nothing but positive all the way around on the 24RZX. I realize it's just a matter of preference, but I like regular nose boats over the pickle fork and believe I would personally lean towards a 25ZX over the 24RZX mainly for that reason. With all that said, we will be in the current boat for the long haul. 4 Boats in 12 years has the better 1/2 saying "no more"! Happy Wife...

Comment

Thanks for all your help and advise. It mostly just seems like personal preference. We do mostly surf and think our 23 has a great surf wave. We will see what happens. Thanks again for all the info

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life
                      I got to deliver this 24RZX to a customer recently and he's been in love with. As a tech my observations would be that spray was a non issue compared to 23RZX. Also seems to get on plane very quickly even with full ballast (was at around 2k feet elevation with a 440 and stock prop). Customer was in a 2020 G23 before and told me he's absolutely loving the boat. He'll have the boat back soon for the 25 hour and will see what else he has to say.
                      Tige hit a home run with thw rzx24 that boat looks nice.

Comment

We did it. We tested a 2022 25ZX and signed yesterday. We were surprise how much better the wave is. Really liked our 2021 23zx with some lead but it’s not even close, 2022 25ZX stock wave with only a small crew is so much better. Sad the season is almost over. Will post some pics after this weekend session. Stocked on the color scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridepc View Post
                          Will post some pics after this weekend session. Stocked on the color scheme.
                          Dang sure better! Pics or it didn't happen!

Comment

Working...
                          X