Winterizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterizing

What is thename of the plunger type attachment used to pump water or antifreeze into the boat. Fits on the bottom of the boat?

Fake-a-Lake. it has a hose connection.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Don't buy a fake-a-lake. Save yourself from crawling under the boat and make one! I just remove the raw water intake and stick a piece of braided hose on the inlet. Mine has a larger piece of braided hose on the inlet side and the opposite side has the garden hose attachment.
      Attached Files

Comment

I’m considering doing this and wondering if I need to know what diameter hose to stick over the inlet. Also, which inlet are you putting it on? The one going into the impeller or going into the fuel cooler? My friend had built one with pvc fitting that fit into the inside of the hose connected to the through-hull connection. Does it matter where you feed the water into?

Comment

BCRider what are the sizes (ID/OD) of the ballast hose and the braided hose on the end? Trying to figure out what will fit over the water inlet on mine. I’ve got a ‘97 Pre 2150 with the 5.7 Black Scorpion. I think the hose between the through-hull intake and the water pump is 1 1/4 inch ID, but that seems pretty large compared to what you have there. Maybe the picture just makes it look smaller than it is?

Comment

I just used scrap hose I had from my ballast install that I bought at Home Depot. It's this stuff: https://www.seamar.com/item/SHD146-1...WHT-PVC-SUCTN/

I then just found braided hose that fit over the hose I had. I have no idea whether the size I have for my PCM would be the same as yours?

Find where the raw water line comes from the thru-hull and follow the hose to where it attaches on the motor side. Disconnect there and attach your hose. In my case it's the right side of the Vdrive.

Comment

I just used scrap hose I had from my ballast install that I bought at Home Depot. It's 1 1/8th hose. I tried to include a link but, it wouldn't let me post.

I then just found braided hose that fit over the hose I had. I have no idea whether the size I have for my PCM would be the same as yours?

Find where the raw water line comes from the thru-hull and follow the hose to where it attaches on the motor side. Disconnect there and attach your hose. In my case it's the right side of the Vdrive.

Comment

Thanks BCRider, I went to Home Depot looking to do this exact thing, but they were short on garden hose adapters and didn't have the same size hoses available. Created quite the puzzle for the employees that stopped by to ask how they could help me out LOL. I decided instead to go to an auto parts store and bought a piece of radiator hose which I then took to Lowes and matched up with a pvc fitting that has a garden hose thread in it. Looks like it should work but haven't tried it yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X