Thruster charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thruster charging

Have a ‘22 ATX 24 type S boat and have been in and out of the dealership to have a bent TAPS plate fixed and a relay issue resolved. Have been doing water sports in between and using the thruster accessory for narrow docking. Just got the boat back final tI,e from dealership and putting it into the slip realized thruster wasn’t working at all. I know there is a charging cable under bow seat and a charging cable next to the battery terminal under the dash. Had bow cable plugged into extension cord for several hours and still nothing working for thruster. Is there something I’m missing when it comes to external charging of the thruster battery as we were told it isn’t run off the alternator.

I have not been on a atx with a thruster. But the RZX models are coming with a separate battery switch for the thruster. Make sure that wasn’t turned off. Also, is the thruster battery indicator showing voltage?

Comment

The only battery switch shown upon receipt of the boat was the main battery disconnect switch in the glove compartment for the dual batteries. There is a voltage indicator at the helm showing voltage present (don’t remember at the moment what it was reading). No issues in boat starting or using other electronics.

there are two separate 3 prong charging cables on the boat, one directly off the dual battery compartment and another one under starboard seat in front of the helm. I have that one currently hooked up for dockside charging to see if it just needed more time however wasn’t sure if there is a specific way to go about charging with dual batteries and isolators.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        I have not been on a atx with a thruster. But the RZX models are coming with a separate battery switch for the thruster. Make sure that wasn’t turned off. Also, is the thruster battery indicator showing voltage?
        where is the second switch located on the RZX?

Comment

The battery switch is under the passenger side seat by the tower base. Varies on model based off battery location. But because your voltage indicator is lit up it’s a mute point.

Comment

Had to unscrew the back rest cushion starboard side bow seat to access the thruster battery which had a fuse tripped. Reset fuse and all was good, thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
            X