Perfect Pass StarGazer Upgrade for 2005 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Pass StarGazer Upgrade for 2005 24V

I'm a bit disappointed, but I have to move forward. I final tried the Perfect Pass after we purchased the boat in July. Found out the up and down buttons do not work on the Dash Display. I made few attempts to get my buttons to work on the Dash Display. Finally bit the bullet and called PerfectPass this morning. Upgraded to the StarGazer Wake Edition. I also ordered a new Dash Display (since the buttons don't work). The Dash Display with the Tige logo only comes in silver. But you can get generic white that just has StarGazer logo. I'm hoping the throttle side of the old system still works. I was not able to test it.

For anyone that is interested
    StarGazer Upgrade $599
    Dash Display 3.5 Silver $299
    Shipping $22

Talked to James at PerfectPass. Very pleasant and helpful.

Quickest $22 in shipping I've paid for delivery to Montana. Ordered system on Tuesday and system arrived from Canada on Wednesday!
    I have to say again that my ordering experience with Perfect Pass was very pleasant. I'm usually not a big fan of ordering over the phone and spending a bunch of time in a phone que. However, not sure how busy they are with after market customers, but my call was answered promptly. You can also order via email

Perfect Pass Upgrade Information
    Perfect Pass
    Perfect Pass Ordering

Needed to replace the old Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro 6.5 system as the up and down buttons on the Dash Display/Control no longer worked. I bought the boat used, so I don't know when button became broken. I really didn't try too hard to find a new Dash Display. Figured it was time to update to a supported technology.
    I honestly didn't know if the Throttle Servo module worked. I didn't order one
    Old Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro6.5 Display/Control and Master Module
    Oldpp65.jpgoldmastermod.jpg

Package came well packaged and included:
    Dash Display/Control with Tige logo-Silver (They only have the Tige logo in Silver. White and black are available if with a generic StarGazer logo)
    StarGazer Master Module
    Instruction Manual/Installation Guide
    Cool decals to put next to the hull/TAPs decals

20220818_203647485_iOS.jpgStargazerMasterModule.jpgStarGazerManual.jpgstargazerdecals.jpg

The Garmin GPS Module - There is a note of CAUTION in the documentation. Connect GPS to Master Module port GPS ONLY or the GPS can be damaged.
    GarminGPS.jpg
    The upgrade was pretty straight forward. I would suggest grabbing 4 or 5 more zip ties to "tidy up" your wiring after install. The GPS comes with 2 small zip ties. You will probably need a cross tip screw driver and a set of diagonal cutters or scissors to cut cable ties and trim the ends of the cable ties.
    1. Inserted Dash Display/Control in same spot that the old one was removed. The gauge mounting hardware is included.
    Dashmounthole.jpg
    2. Install the Garmin GPS Module. Per instructions either above or below the dash mounting, but the "Garmin" label needs to be at the top and open to the sky.
    We chose to mount it above the storage vent. The GPS comes with Velcro circle to mount and a couple of zip ties to "tidy up" you cable after the install. We then loosened on the the screws to the dash to feed the GPS cable to where the Master Module is mounted. This off season, I think I will drill a 1/4in hole (size of the cable connecter for GPS) and add a rubber grommet.

GarminGPS.jpg

3. Install the StarGazer Master Module. We disconnected the connections from the old Master Module and plugged them into the StarGazer Master Module. This is pretty self explanatory. We plugged in the paddle wheel, RPM Sensor, GPS (made sure it was in the correct port), Power, and Server Cable connectors ( we held off on the display for the moment).
    We then unscrewed the old Master Module on the helm/storage wall.
    Installed the StarGazer Master Module in the same spot. Take your time here. It was a bit of a challenge with the cables connected.
    Installed the Display connector. I did this last because it was easy to find the Master Module and I would have to battle the wire when installing.

4. Follow the instructions to configure/test. Set your time zone etc.

displayinstalled.jpg

We didn't have any problems with the throttle servo so we didn't need that module.
    I installed all of the connections etc. It is great to see RPMs etc at a glance on the Display.

This is the first time I've ever used a system like PerfectPass. I wish I would have got a wake/ski boat years ago. I love the StarGazer from PerfectPass. It give the rider consistent speed and all I care about is driving the boat!

Here is video of my daughter after we installed it.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlIcE-MeYA7QmYJlRQ_fVInwhmYFXA

Have fun!

Comment

Sorry folks. This is the first boat I've had with throttle control. I love it!

Comment

I installed Stargazer on my boat last year and it has been a gamechanger. After years of driving boats I occasionally catch myself not using it though. speed control systems are definitely more of a benefit to riders instead of drivers. The pull you get with Stargazer (or ZeroOff) is so much smoother than any driver can deliver manually. If my memory is correct I paid about $1K for mine installed. I am not sure if my local shop got a discount through PP or if the units were slightly less last year. You will enjoy the upgrade especially when letting you new-to-boating friends pull you.

Comment

I ordered the Stargazer upgrade on Fri and it arrived today. Agree their customer service was great.

Trying to sell my Wakeboard Pro display and module now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol….just went through this exact process this week.
            Old DBW system…display not working.
            Crappy thing was if you pressed the old ppass system on it was doing something. Almost thought the motor was messed up.
            Called perfect pass Monday…Received star gazer in Texas by Tuesday.
            Install was very easy swap. Could not be happier with the star gazer system.

2006 22VE

Comment

SOLD

Comment

Working...
              X