Bent Tracking Fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent Tracking Fin

I have a new 22 Z1 and was out the other day when all of a sudden I hit something submerged and it gave a me pretty good bump and threw the boat to the left. Pulled it out and the front tracking fin has a decent curve to it. Doesn’t look terrible but it throws/leans the boat extremely hard to driver side when trying to plane. Can these be bent back in place or need completely replaced? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wow. Firstly, you should consider yourself extremely lucky that whatever you hit didn't damage the prop, strut, or prop shaft! If the hull isn't leaking water where the fin mounts to the hull I would put an adjustable wrench or two on the fin and attempt to bend it back as straight as possible. You aren't going to make it any worse than it currently is.

I'm sure freeheel4life will chime in, but I don't think that a fin replacement is a big deal as long as the lag bolts haven't torn out of the glass.

Comment

Call Ron at Marine Hardware if you want to order a new one 425-883-0651

Comment

Is Fin bolted through the hull to where you would have to pull tank in order to replace?

Comment

Tige is smart enough to just thread 3/8" bolts into the glass. Other brands are through bolted and would require disaasmbley to get to the nuts from the inside.

Comment

Working...
          X