"EMWT1 higher than Expecte Level 1"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"EMWT1 higher than Expecte Level 1"

I got this fault yesterday on my 2022 Z1. Just had my 20 hr. service done. I shut the boat down, turned off the batteries and when restarted the code was cleared and all was fine the rest of the day? Any ideas here? I'm wondering if I should have it checked out but don't really want to down the boat in the middle of summer.

That's a code for the exhaust manifold temp sensor. Since it only triggered a stage 1 on bank one(port side exhaust) it was likely a fluke. Especially since you didn't overheat after restarting.

Keep a close eye on engine temp. If it keeps coming back on just that side then the sensor likely needs replaced.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. It helped me a lot.

Comment

I had that alarm start coming on around 30 hours on my 21 22RZX when leaving the house in the 5MPH zone. I took it to the dealer and it did not do it in the shop. As soon as I got home and put it in the water it came on again. Dealer wanted to charge me to lake test it since it did not come on in the shop test. They could see the alarm history but they said Indmar wouldn't cover it unless it came on in a lake test. I was pissed and refused to pay them. I would rather buy my own new sensor and fix it then deal with them any further. Knock on wood it stopped coming on around 100 hours and now I am just under 300 with no issues. Each time it cam on I would feel the manifolds and engine and both were fine so just a sensor issue.

Comment

Working...
        X