2019 R23 engine not turning over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 R23 engine not turning over

Sometimes the engine won’t turn over as if the kill switch was disabled or if the transmission was in gear. Wiggle the throttle and wiggle the key seems to eventually crank. Any ideas of where to start? I assume [mention]freeheel4life [/mention] will have some great pointers. This has happened at random only 3-4 times this season, but I’d like to get it addressed before it’s becomes a real issue.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad key switch, start relay or connection...its a bummer because there are tons of possibilities so open the hatch next time it happens and see if you've got a click or clunk or some other noise when you're trying to start. Then we can start narrowing it down.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Engine receive neutral signal from handle. Possible that's the issue. If you can keep it in a failed state and then jump the connector back at trans it will verify its the handle.

Comment

Same issue on on my 18' r23 couple years ago. Like freeheel4life said, it was the throttle handle. Had to be replaced.

Comment

Another clue. It happened again this weekend. This time I held the key in the start position for 5-10sec and nothing happened then I continued to hold the key in the start position and jiggled the shift level and it immediately turned over and cranked up. Sounds like something in the shift handle, what can I do to verify and fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's three plugs back near the trans two are the shift solenoids and the third is the neutral from the throttle handle. IIRC fwd and Rev plugs are blue and green wires. Can't remember colors for neutral....but if you unplug and put a jumper in the plug and it starts you know it's the handle.

It sure sounds like the handle tho....and it wouldn't be the first Livorsi with that issue. It's warranty but lead times have been a while om those. If you can't get one I just pulled one out an ATX for a thruster install that would work for you.....

Comment

Did you ever find a solution? Been dealing with a similar issue on my rzx for two years and dealer has never been able to solve it. Key wont start the boat so I have to bridge the solenoids on the starter motor with a screwdriver to start the boat. I'd love to hear your solution and see if it's something I should explore.

Comment

Working...
              X