Sandbar / Party Cove Anchoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandbar / Party Cove Anchoring

New boater here with a 2007 22ve. Whats the proper way to approach anchoring an inboard at a lake party cove? I think the draft on this is 2 ft so I'm considering picking up a box anchor and letting out minimal rode and tying to a pop up cleat near the stern and using a sand auger to tie off to a bow cleat, bringing the boat in bow first but hopefully not hitting any sand. This right or am I going about this the wrong way

Last weekend I nosed in and threw my box anchor off the stern and tied the bow off to a log on shore. My rule of thumb is the swim platform no lower than my hip standing in the water (I'm 6'). If you want tunes on the beach you may want to back in otherwise, you can pull in bow first and have about a foot of water under the bow. The slope of the shoreline is going to determine everything.
    Stern to the shore does help keep the sand out of the boat as you can still rinse your feet better on the platform. I usually try and throw a towel over the bow and on the first cushion.

Comment

Box anchor off the bow into the deep end, slide anchor with a "anchor buddy" bungee line off the stern into the shallow end or beach if possible.
      Last edited by D&P Powell; 07-05-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Slide anchor and a bungee line on the stern is the way to go. It'll safely hold your boat feet from the beach and easily pull in for boarding.

Comment

Working...
        X