2015 Z3, Taps 3 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Z3, Taps 3 not working

we have a 2015 z3 with taps 3. Last weekend we were surfing and noticed neither sides was engaging the taps 3 plates. Pulled the boat and tested with the dealer mode and neither taps 3 plate moves. Is this an actuator issue or a PDM issue? Feels weird that both sides would fail at the same time? is there a way to test the actuators or PDM is the issue?

Same thing happened to my 15 Z3 when I had a plate binding. Turned the battery switch off overnight and it worked again the next day. Make sure when testing in dealer mode that you choose surf speed equal to.

Comment

We have tried that. Turn the switch off each time to we park the boat at our dock. We were able to get the actuators to move if we connected them to a directy to a battery under the ballasts. I will check for binding later today.

Comment

If they work fine attached to a different power source and do not work under demo mode I would be checking that the pdm is putting out the proper power.

Comment

I really wouldn't suspect the PDM. Since they've been used by Moomba/Supra, Tige/ATX, MC, and Nautique and been in service dept for all these brands I haven't seen the PDM be the issue once short of if they've been sunk or boat hit by lightning.

But crazier things have happened.

Comment

The plates are now moving in demo mode after moving them manually with a battery. I suspect that one of the plates was binding and causing the issue. Does anyone know if they still sell the retro kits to move the mounts for the actuators from the swim platform to the transom or the hinge blocks to prevent the binding.

Comment

We are having an issue with out 2015 z3 taps 3 plates not working. It appears we are having the issue that it binds up from upward pressure. Similar to the post: https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...ide-wave/page2
              Does tige still offer retro kit and does it require different acutuators?

Comment

Same actuators but not sure if the kit is still offered. They can still have binding problems with the retro kit. Consider switching to GSA plates and you will not have binding problems. You still use your original actuators and your wave will improve.

Comment

GSA is the way to go as to do the reteo you also need a different set plates that allows the plate mount to swivel. Or you'd have to modify the existing plates to get the plate mount to swivel

Comment

Working...
                  X