Tower Speaker Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Speaker Troubleshooting

Last time out on the water one of the tower speakers (wet sounds rev 10's I believe) in our ATX Type 22's started a high pitched buzzing/whine with no music coming out. The rest of the system is working fine.

I turned down the tower speaker zone all the way to zero and it was still making the buzzing.

What would be some of the first troubleshooting things you would do before making the trek to the dealer to let them look at it? (still under warranty)

Change the rca cable inputs with inputs that are not buzzing, if no difference change the speaker wires. If no change again, it’s the speaker. If the buzz changes speakers, could be the amp. Label which wires go where before you begin, you won’t remember.

Comment

Thank you both!

Long time lurker around here. Running out to the storage unit tomorrow. I'll update w/results.

Comment

Thanks again for your help.

Reseated the RCA plug and that killed the buzzing.

After reseating the RCA it sounds like the speaker itself is having some issues. Tinny sound, very little bass. I swapped sides the speaker cables were plugged into and isolated them to test both ways.

It works well enough as is that I probably won't take it to the dealer, aka boat jail, until after the summer is over or I hit our oil change interval.

Comment

Working...
        X