Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time taking my boat to the launch and not boating!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time taking my boat to the launch and not boating!!

Took the boat to the launch this evening to go for a sunset cruz, but the Columbia river is currently at stage 1 Flooding, so with all the debris in the water we decided it was betting to hold off till a later date. Can summer please hurry up!

Good luck with your first launch and it would be great to see some photos even a short video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4938EBA4-9C78-437A-BA95-F56A0AD9F33D.png
      Little further up stream we are just heading into a flood. One of the marinas beside the creek is surrounded by logs and debree. A bit of a change from last years drought and now after everyone lowered their lifts they’re scrambling to raise them.

Attached Files

Comment

It’s just amazing isn’t it you have drought Water ways , rivers and lakes drop really really low and then the next season comes around and there’s floods and there’s debris floating everywhere. I don’t think the world knows how to regulate itself possibly with all the emissions getting exerted out into the atmosphere it might be changing things what’s your thoughts

Comment

It was not the first launch of the season, we bought the boat a few weeks ago and took it out to get a feel for everything about two weeks ago. But today I didn't feel like risking the prop or shaft for an hour two hours of boating. It has been pretty weird as of late, The Columbia River has flooded way more before and when it does flood it tends to be this time of year due to excess rain and snow melt, we have had a pretty wet year up in the PWN. But I agree the crazy weather swings will probably continue and get worse with time, I mean we did have a pretty heavy snow in April.. which is very rare up here.

Wow Bsreid that looks like a mess, hopefully everyone was able to get their boats to a safe spot.

Comment

I’m down in Melbourne Victoria Australia we’re just coming into our winter what does PWN stand for I know I took the chat to a different direction but I think it’s along a similar line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should've been PNW - Pacific North West - Washington & Oregon State

Comment

Thanks

Comment

We're headed to the Columbia this weekend to go boating/camping near Quincy/George. How is the water now? Will we be able to use the river? We're also headed to Bank lake next week. Supposed to be nice weather for the foreseeable future....Finally!

Comment

Working...
                  X