2015 RZ2, AVX swap to GSA plates or taps3 plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 RZ2, AVX swap to GSA plates or taps3 plates

I am looking to ditch my AVX to a GSA or taps3 plates. I have lenco actuators and talked with the guy that upgraded my TT2 software. He told me i have all the equipment I would need, and it would just need to add the plates and relocate the actuators. For those that have done this can I see some pictures of the actuator and hinge mounting locations? I did have someone send me a picture of a 12 RZ2 but the transom was slightly different. I am mainly looking for 2015 RZ2 pictures or whatever years were the same design. Also prefer to see some that use to have the AVX so I can see what was done with the avx mounts or just leave them on.

Thank you!

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

I did my RZX, and it doesn’t matter a ton what the hull is, it’s all about the angles the plates can hit, both stored and extended. I watched all the videos on the GSA site, probably 10x each. and figured out everything I needed to know, before ever touching it. It’s been done a few ways, on here, with some guys using brackets to make use of previous mounting holes, I just ripped everything out, and repaired the old holes. In retrospect, the bracket idea might make life a little easier, but it also requires some design. I’ve never looked at the AVX mounting, so I don’t have an opinion there. Filling holes is easy, just a little time consuming with dry times, and such.

There are also a few write-ups on here, but I struggle with the search feature on older stuff, not sure if it’s user error, Tapatalk, or TO, could be a combo.

If you watch the GSA videos, and are semi-handy, you’ll get it. Using your phone to get all those angles makes install pretty easy. I was pretty hesitant before drilling into my transom, but it’s all pretty straightforward in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The AVX just mounts to the platform brackets so no need to fill any holes or remove anything else. Just need to fill in the 3 screw holes and the center hole for the wire of the actuator. I believe lenco makes a plastic cover or I went the route of just having a metal shop cut out a triangle with 3 screw holes the same size to cover the larger wire thru hull.
      I don't know this for sure but a friend of mine was going to install gsa on his 15 rz2 and was having a hard time getting a flat enough surface and ended up trading it in. So I would double check that but I have heard of people doing it and even if it isn't flat, add some shims and you're good to go.

Comment

Easy swap to do I would do the gsa all day .
        surf till u die.

Comment

Thanks. My wiring already goes through the transom. So just need to relocate the actuators. Also my transom is flat all the way across so should be a fairly easy install.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X