No announcement yet.

2020 R23 excessive play in smart wheel tilt and extremely hard to turn the boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 R23 excessive play in smart wheel tilt and extremely hard to turn the boat

Need some advice everyone.

New R23 and this is my third summer. I have two new issues that have popped up.

1. I have what i call excessive play in my smart wheel tilt. I've checked all screws and nuts on and around the assembly and they are all tight but it doesn't seem right.

2. My steering is extremely tight and it take two hands to turn the boat. I've read other topics and they stated grease the rudder, check, and see if the bolts on the back side of the smart wheel are loose, they are not. Also, some say if the smart wheel is grinding it's a defect or something that tige had a bad batch and that could be the cause.
    a. I did take the rubber cap off the steering cable by the smart wheel but didn't see any where to put grease. Is there a place or do/can you put grease in this area to help the grinding.

3. will the continue hard two hand turning damage the smart wheel assembly???

The issue i have is the dealer is 3 hours away and the summer just started. I don't really want to take it in because you know it will be weeks before they fixed it in today's enviornment...lol
    Any ideas or advice is much appreciated.

Sent you a PM

Comment

thanks everyone. I will work on it this weekend and let you know if that fixes it.

Comment

Working...
      X