De-winterizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De-winterizing

I have 2019 ZX1 that I bought new. My dealer is over 5 hours away. Last fall I took it the dealer for some warranty work and just had them winterize it. The dealer made a big deal about me coming back to recommission for the spring with them. I told him I wasn’t making a 10 hour round trip to start the boat. So today, I put the boat in. All fluid levels fine, ballast bags hooked up and through hull valves opened. Boat starts to overheat. I turn it off. Raw water pump is hot, not cool. They replaced the impeller when they winterized. The dealer is telling me I have to open the valve for the raw water pump to suck water in from the thru hull fitting. I can not find a valve anywhere for this. Any thoughts? Thanks

It's located on the port side of the v-drive/transmission. If you crawl under the boat you will see the holes for the ballast pumps and raw water intake...just for reference. If you are trying to look through the garbage can hole, it will be behind the water strainer.

Comment

So is there actually a valve there? I see where the house attaches to the thru hole port and I see the water strainer, but I don’t see a valve

Comment

Yes should be a red handle

Comment

Ok. I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for input. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by PMoe View Post
            Ok. I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for input. I really appreciate it.
            Hi Pmoe
            Maybe post up a few pics so we all can see what your looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll try and do that later today.

Comment

Thanks. I found the valve handle. Actually black and really tucked back in there. Now my bigger concern was my coolant reservoir was almost empty. There is no fluids in bilge area. I’m hoping there isn’t an internal leak from over heating. We shut it down the minute the warning beep went off and then towed it in and haven’t started since. Hoping maybe it just burned off when over heated.

Comment

Thanks. I found the valve handle. Actually black and really tucked back in there. Now my bigger concern was my coolant reservoir was almost empty. There is no fluids in bilge area. I’m hoping there isn’t an internal leak from over heating. We shut it down the minute the warning beep went off and then towed it in and haven’t started since. Hoping maybe it just burned off when over heated.
                  You should be fine if you shut down. Only seen Raptors pop head gaskets up above 270.

Coolant is Propolyene Glycol

Comment

Ok, thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I appreciate it.
                      Should have added. I'd be replacing the impeller if it ran dry that long

Comment

I thought that too. Thanks.

Comment

Also if you low on coolant after you replace impeller you will need to top up to the correct level as well

Comment

My impeller ran dry on my tige and I didn’t no but the rear housing of my pump was plastic and that was damaged as well
                            I ended up putting a new brass water pump on so I would not have to replace everything each time

Comment

Working...
                            X