Gas Fumes Under Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Fumes Under Power

Took my 08 RZ2 with Marine Power engine out Saturday for the first time this year. Under power there seemed to be gas fumes in the cabin. Never had this before. Any ideas what to look for?

What's your engine package? Most commonly found with small blocks is a dead spark plug or bad coolant temp sensor which over-fuels the engine. Once diagnosed, if it's either of those, change your engine oil again as it probably has fuel dilution too.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Gas or exhaust? - Without freshair exhaust and your walkway windshield closed the exhaust fumes will roll back in to the boat...called the station wagon effect. As soon as you open the walkway windshield the fumes will get pushed out.

Comment

BCRider - Thank you. I think you hit the nail on the head. I never close my windshield but did Saturday. I will test it next time out.

Comment

Originally posted by JWehrheim View Post
          Took my 08 RZ2 with Marine Power engine out Saturday for the first time this year. Under power there seemed to be gas fumes in the cabin. Never had this before. Any ideas what to look for?
          Hi
          I have a 2000 21i
          Over here in Australia and we always drive with out windshield closed. No matter what activity we do behind the boat we never any fumes rolling into the boat.
          Maybe it could be something else like a cracked muffler or exhaust rubber towards the transom.
          Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
            What's your engine package? Most commonly found with small blocks is a dead spark plug or bad coolant temp sensor which over-fuels the engine. Once diagnosed, if it's either of those, change your engine oil again as it probably has fuel dilution too.
            I just noticed more than normal exhaust fumes myself. Its certainly not gas but smells stronger than normal. Im wondering if its one of those things you posted.

Comment

I had the same problem last year with my 2009 22VE with PCM engine. Engine oil kept measuring above full line. I had the fuel tested and it was very diluted with gas. The mechanic pulled the fuel injectors and had them cleaned and re-installed and the fumes are gone. All good this spring.

Comment

Took the boat out this past weekend no fumes with the walkway windshield open.

Comment

Yahtzee!!! Now do yourself a favor and get FAE. Then you'll never have to worry about that or breathing it in while surfing.

Comment

Working...
                  X