Tige Touch Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Touch Issues

Well, the first day out for the season is frequently a somewhat frustrating one. Today, when we started up the boat, the Tige Touch screen didn't seem to come on. After looking a little closer, it was actually on, but extremely dim. Dim to the point where you couldn't make out the icons or really anything else, except when the screen was in the direct sunlight. I tried to press what I read elsewhere was a brightness button beside the home button, but there was no change. I also noticed a few small bubbles on the edges of the screen. I read in another post that someone described it as looking like delaminating. This is frustrating, considering we replaced the screen previously a little less than five years ago. Given that this is a 2011 boat, I'm a little concerned with what kind of support I am going to be able to get for this from Tige, Medallion or whoever. Considering that we can sometimes get the screen in a position to where we can somewhat see (and guess on where to press, based on our previous experience with the screen layout), we are considering trying to go as long as we can without taking it in to get it repaired (if it can be repaired). My preference is to know the water depth, but we know the lake pretty well, so hope we are fine.

My biggest worry is Medallion support for my ‘14. Keep us up to date if anything changes.

Comment

There are some workarounds for the screen. Just have to convert to switches. Last time I priced a screen it was 5k. Can convert to switches for functions and just use the screen as a display for gauges.

Is it perfect? No, but it works and can be done for a let less $$

Comment

I have planned on the same conversion, and have it laid out with Bluesea switches. Basically the same style switch as the power button.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
          I have planned on the same conversion, and have it laid out with Bluesea switches. Basically the same style switch as the power button.
          Yup. That's what I've done as functions cease to work. So far have only had to do heater and courtesy but there's lots of room on the dash for all fill/drain, blower, bilge etc. You just have to bump the fuse over on the medallion box so that wire becomes fused constant power for the switch/circuit

Comment

Sounds like our screen will need to be replaced. Tige says they are on backorder, so no idea when I will be able to get a new. Considering ordering two, so I have a spare around when the next one breaks. A question for those converting to switches, what do you do for speed control? I prefer to stick with the screen, if possible. Is there a newer Tige Touch model that an '11 Tige can be upgraded to? Hoping the newer versions are a little more durable.

Comment

Just wanted to kind of close the loop on this thread (sort of). We were out this weekend on the boat. We had stopped to swim for a while and at one point I turned around and the screen was on and back to normal. Not sure what to think of this. My wife said I must have done something, but all I had done was twist around the plug in the audio jack. There's bad connectivity, there. I think it is the jack itself, but am going to get a new cord, just to make sure. Anyway, back to normal for the moment...

Comment

Working...
              X