Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.0l marine power heat exchanger removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.0l marine power heat exchanger removal.

First time v-drive owner. I just got a 2006 24v and I am wanting to replace the wires and spark plugs on the 6.0l marine power motor. I am needing help with removal of heat exchanger for access. If anyone has done this before any help would be great. Where do I burp the system from? Assuming I have to remove a hose or 2 for enough access of coil packs. Thank you many more questions to come I'm sure

I've been at this a while and still have only come across a couple MP 6.0s. Lots of the 5.7s tho. Havent had to go down this road on the 6.0 either.

That being said on closed boats I usually pull off a heater line, put on a piece of 5/8 and run it into a bucket, then pressurize the system. Pushes the coolant out into bucket. Then perform service and when done just use a vacuum bleeder to fill the system.

Obviously this requires some specialty tools which I own as I do it for a living. If you dont want to buy toola a lot of parts houses will rent a pressure tester kit. They take your card as a deposit and refund when tool is returned. You likely won't find a vacuum bleeder tho.

Comment

Unfortunately I am finding out that the 6.0 mp is very uncommon. But it is a great motor with tons of power in the 2006 Era. The boat was to good of a deal to pass up on.

I'm thinking I could pinch the tubes, to and from the block and only have to fill up the exchange when I replace it?

Do you or anyone know where I could get a marine power manual. I tried to call mp but they said look online.

Comment

https://marinepowerusa.com/engine-owner-manuals/

https://marinepowerusa.com/service-manuals/

I'm sure you get some imfo here. Might not be what you want but at least it's something.

Comment

For some reason the forum isn't letting me post links...but head over to marine powers website and head to the Dowloads page an you will find owner manuals and service manuals.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            For some reason the forum isn't letting me post links...but head over to marine powers website and head to the Dowloads page an you will find owner manuals and service manuals.
            It would not allow me either.

Comment

Thank you I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
              X