2016 Z3 bimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Z3 bimini

I just bought a 2016 Z3 and have the bimini out unfolded and fully deployed. I have never seen it folded away and have no idea how to do that. Can anyone explain or post a video of folding up the bimini? I have tried a couple ways and I am not doing this correctly LOL.

Thanks for all your help,

Chris

There's this video but, I will say buddy makes it more difficult than it needs to be. I don't do it this way to put up or to put down. I'd have to make my own video to show how I do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNL0e7IIprQ&t=151s

Comment

-undo the velcro R&L up front around the arms
      -push in the pins both sides and lift the front up. Pins should lock again
      -release the front poles from the tower while holding the front hoop
      -fold the bimini front to back while the back is still set up. Fold L&R arms in on themselves
      -fold in your racks for the bimini to sit on once collapsed
      -pull out the two rear poles in the tower and fold in on themselves
      -the two hoops (front & back) should be together
      -roll the extra around the hoops
      -user 2-3 gear ties to hold everything together
      -zip cover over top of everything
      -if I remember correctly you start on the right side and zip left
      Last edited by BCRider; 04-07-2022, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Why you collapse the extendable arms be sure the spring loaded pin is locked in a hole. If it's nit the smaller sleeved piece can slide out during transport.

Comment

And that smaller sleeved piece is about $120 each.... ask me how I know, OOF!

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys I really appreciate it.

Okay I cannot find the cover part. There is half a zipper on the bimini itself. Does anyone know where can I order the cover?

Thanks,
            Chris

Comment

The zipper on the back of the bimini is for the 2' extension which was an option. Someone on the FB page was also looking for a cover. Best bet would be to have one made. Know anyone else with a Tige that you could borrow for a template?

Comment

No. I could hire a tailor to do the work. Do you think the video would be enough?

Comment

I could take a picture of my bimini cover for you. There's not much too it at all.

Comment

Shouldn’t be hard to get a proper sized cover. Just measure your width
                    https://store.canvas-boat-cover-and-...-light-cutout/

Comment

BCrider that would be great! Don't i need to buckles on the boot though so I can have it put away while on the boat or can I do that without the buckles?

Comment

It does have draw strap buckles as well yes. I'll get you some pictures.

Comment

Anybody know where to find the extension that zips on the back of the Bimini?

Comment

Originally posted by Cfleck View Post
                            Anybody know where to find the extension that zips on the back of the Bimini?
                            I would like to fine one also.

Comment

Working...
                            X