R39 throttle linkage help again please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R39 throttle linkage help again please

So I got it off the panel but how do I remove it into two pieces from here? I pried it above the strip Allen screw but now I am stuck here. How do I take the handle off and get theses two
    pieces apart so I can put it back on the new upholstered panel?
    Attached Files

If the Allen set screw in the bottom of the cover plate is stripped just drill it out. If you are very careful you can drill it to almost it's diameter to remove the tension on the threads then use a slightly larger bit in reverse and it might back out. Or just over drill the hole and tap it for the next size up set screw.

Option three, ditch the damned nylocks and reinstall with split lock washers and a regular nut. If bolts are spinning as you tighten reach in and hold the end of the threads with some vice grips after you've got you nuts and washer on. Yes, it will mar the threads and make any removal in the future difficult....but do you think you'll he doing the interior again anytime soon??

I'm curious why you had to pull the potentiometer portion of the throttle off?? Could you not get the wires to clear the panel?

If you get totally effed, this throttle is made by Livorsi and they might sell you just a new cover plate direct.....or they'll tell you to get it from Tige/Tige dealer. Great company to work with.

Comment

Comment

What the heck is still holding this on? There is nothing left to take apart? I might just pry it back and put it back in place like you said with vice grips. Unless anyone knows what I am missing? Not sure what you mean by pententiometer as this is what I had to do to get it off panel.

Comment

The circled portion is the Allen set screw holding the chrome cover plate on. It's been a while but 2013 should have been digital throttle, so the whole box that has the wiring harness coming out of it....that's the potentiometer. Normally I've never removed it.
          Attached Files

Comment

I pried the cover over that screw, and it still would not come off. I removed it because I pried it off the panel and it had to be off to get it off the panel with it on. Also, I have tried to drill that set screw and it will not even dent that metal plate with a drill bit or a screw remover tool. Any suggestions on what to use to get a hole to try and remove it? A certain drill bit type or remover. I am failing at this terribly. I may just do as you said and put it back on with normal washers if screws allow. Also called for price of new one but I assume it will be at least $500+.

Comment

Here is the fix and options:

I finally got this off. I was able to buy a non tige plate from Livorsi as they will not sell an TIGE owned products. The entire shifter was a whopping $1200 from TIGE and the plate $130. Problem is their shipping is always so high as well. Here is the plate I bought from Livorsi. Luckily, I just did that panel in dark gray/black so it will look good. Also, where I circled the plate top and bottom is where the basil slides into grooves that overhang the basil piece and why it was so hard to pry out. Hope this helps others with this issue. You can take the side panel off which I would recommend before you try and undo this screw. You only get one shot at this, and you better buy the best and strongest Allen wrench or drill bit you can find. To get the side panel off you will have to cut and rewire the emergency switch which I always wire so I can just unplug it next time.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X