Gatorstep Pricing? Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatorstep Pricing? Alternatives?

I just finished templating my 2008 RZ2 and sent it to Gatorstep. They came back with a price of $2100! I was thinking it would be around $1300 since that's what similar models price out on their website. Does this sound correct? What options do I have that will look good? I want to stick with EVA. Seadek is well over 2k as well. At this price I'm tempted to buy a cnc router and make it myself.

DeckFX in Washington cuts EVA to order. There's a guy in Idaho called USA Tuff who's a licensed SeaDek cutter/installer. Theres also a company out of British Columbia that I can't think of the name right now. bsreid may know their name.

There's always hydroturf buts it's nowhere near as nice/sexy as dual layer EVA

Comment

Here it is. Have heard good things about the product.
      https://www.ultradeck.ca

Comment

aquamarinedeck.com also makes a good product, i got a platform pad made by them and it looks and works great. they will do templates for boats that they don't have measurements for as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
          Here it is. Have heard good things about the product.
          https://www.ultradeck.ca
          I knew you'd have it!! Have seen some of their work over on WakeGarage and its all on par with Gator/SeaDek from what I can see.

Comment

I got all my decking from Ultradeck as well as they are local to me here in BC.

Comment

l
              Attached Files

Comment

Have you guys found those are cheaper than seadek or gatorstep? I just ordered some cheap eva flooring on Amazon. I'd love to go with the custom design options, but I figured I can save over $1600 going this route. I just hope it holds up, some reviews aren't reassuring.

Comment

marinedeckfactory.com is a company someone on here used with good results, I liked their samples they sent me, going to send them some templates and they'll cnc cut it just like sea dek.

Comment

Theyre out of china and supposed to be way cheaper

Comment

I looked at them too. I see reports of the glue coming apart. I wouldn't want to spend the extra money to get them CNC just to have it delaminate.

Comment

Ultradeck is the Canadian equivalent of Gatorstep and Seadek. There are Seadek dealers up here but, Ultradeck has a good foothold locally. Once you factor in duty and shipping Gator/Seakdek are about the same or more expensive. Lucky for you with our dollar it's about a 30% savings on your end. That may make the difference for yourself. Don't know unless you reach out.

IMO with the overall cost of this stuff there are DIY routes you can take but, I believe it's worth the investment to pay for. The decking has been one of the best upgrades I did to my boat and wish I had done it years ago. I haven't done my floor yet however. I have seen others make templates out of 1/8" wood paneling and then router out the pieces to give a nicer finish on the edges. Yes, some of the cheaper sheets seem to have glue issues.

Comment

I just installed the cheap amazon stuff on my swimdeck. The adhesive is definitely subpar, but after applying contact cement it'll hopefully hold. I wish they sold it without adhesive. Anyway if it holds up a few years I'll be happy. It'll save me over $1600 to put into a foilboard setup.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kdammen View Post
                            I looked at them too. I see reports of the glue coming apart. I wouldn't want to spend the extra money to get them CNC just to have it delaminate.
                            I only have one guys report to go off and it seemed positive, they use 3m backing pretty sure. I got some samples in the mail and put it on my unprepped deck just to see if its a good adhesive, its been about 2-3 months without a cover on and its on there pretty solid. Im going to take the gamble on it, the adhesive doesnt seem bad imo.

Comment

Originally posted by kdammen View Post
                              I just installed the cheap amazon stuff on my swimdeck. The adhesive is definitely subpar, but after applying contact cement it'll hopefully hold. I wish they sold it without adhesive. Anyway if it holds up a few years I'll be happy. It'll save me over $1600 to put into a foilboard setup.
                              I like this pattern and the colors look great. Any chance you have a link to this stuff? You swim deck look awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X