Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help! How do you remove R20 Throttle control and panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help! How do you remove R20 Throttle control and panel?

So, I redid my entire boat interior, but the Upholstery guy said he could not get of the throttle control and panel off the side piece. He took off the 4 bolts on the back but said it would not come apart like most boats he has done. Is there a trick to taking this off the panel or is there a bolt he was missing? I plan to try and take it apart and just take this panel back to him, so anyone that can help me get this done I would appreciate it. I will post the new interior pictures as it came out very nice! Attached is a picture of the shifter he could not get off.

Thanks,

Brian
    Attached Files

On the bottom of the chrome cover plate is a small Allen set screw. You loosen it and pull the cover plate off to access the screw heads. Then remove nuts from the backside and remove the 4 machine screws and it all should come right out.

The small allen set screw normally got installed with some loctite from the factory. SOMETIMES I have had them strip while trying to remove. If this happens I carefully use a block of wood on the panel as the fulrum/pry bar surface and get the tip of the primary in behind the chrome and the panel and just brute force the SOB off of there. Then just drill out/ez out set screw and install a new one.

Comment

Working...
    X