Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Altitude Questions

Hey guys need a little help,

Thinking about buying a 2018 RZX 400. My home lake is at 5400ft and im having a hard time getting solid answers if the motor with the 2:1 tranny will be enough?? Will be mostly surfing & boarding with 8 to 10 people. Sorry if this has been discussed 100x I just can seem to get a solid answer. TIA

I know time flies, but I dont recall the 400 being paired with a 2:1 in 2018, but anyway, the engine is plenty. May have to re-prop though.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok, I'll double check with the dealer he said the 2:1 was standard in the RZX2 line in 2018 but definitely worth looking into thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 2:1 transmission came out in 2017 and was for sure standard in 2018. I don’t have any experience at that elevation but I do know you’ll need an aggressive high alt prop if it doesn’t already have one.

Comment

Yeah from the sounds of it the prop will definitely need to be swapped out, has the stock prop right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As Mike said time flies....the dealer I used to work at was 3k feet and lots of customers boating in McCall at 5k feet. I don't think we sold any 2:1s into that area at the time with a 400. IIRC correctly a 17x14 wheel was the largest and flattest you could go on the 2:1. Jason from Germaine SoCal probably knows best tho. My brains running out of room for prop specs.

Comment

Working...
            X