2017 Rx2 or 2022 Axis A22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Rx2 or 2022 Axis A22

Looking at a 2017 RZX2 with 60hrs for 90k. Or a 2022 Axis A22 asking 100k with 79 hrs. I know this is a tige forum and will have bias towards tige. But anyone with experience with either or both of these, which would be a better buy? The Axis will have its warranty which would be nice. And nearest tige dealer is 2.5hrs away. Looking to primarily surf. The tige I terror seems quite a bit nicer but Axis has made some decent strides in that area.

I am not familiar enough with the new AXIS, but will offer my recommendation anyways. Test drive both, get to know both of the dealers (if the Tige is not private sale), and then make your decision. I would drive 2.5 hours a couple times a year for good customer service before I would drive 10 minutes for bad. Even if the Tige dealer isn't selling this particular boat, I would want to find out their reputation and possibly even visit them before making a decision between these two boats.

Comment

Well come to find out the axis they opted out of warranty for a rebate so it does not have a warranty either. The tige is private sale from Florida. So would be additional 2500 to get it transported to Maine

Comment

You could still get a warranty for the Axis via third party warranty company. In general the two are kind of apples and oranges. The RZX2 has a much taller freeboard than the A22. The RZX2 will also have a much better fit and finish in the interior. Surf systems also operate differently between the two but basically achieve the same results. Towers are also night and day different. 2022 is still early into Axis's entry into the touchscreen world where as Tige had already been using the 10" for a while and the bugs should be worked out.

Comment

Working...
        X