Stock Propellor? on my 03' 23v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Propellor? on my 03' 23v

Hi, here's some photos of the propellor I have on my 03' 23v.
    I'm wondering if this is the stock prop, and if not, what's it oriented to, design wise -eg: surfing / wakeboarding etc
    Its a 4 blade.
    It's marked as: 537 13.5 x 16 L 1 1/6" - not quite sure about the 1/6" part - bit hard to tell from the photo.
    thanks
    Attached Files

The 537 is an all around mid-level prop for V-drive boats that have the 1.46:1 gear ratio. Wrong prop if its got the 1:1 v-drive. Less then ideal for heavy ballasted boats.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for that - how do I determine what the ratio is on the V drive?

Comment

and is that ding in one of the blades an issue ....or just life?

Comment

If its blue, its likely the 1.46:1 and if its black, its likely the 1:1 but its best to find the metal tag on the unit and see what ratio is stamped on the tag. I have seen a black 1.46:1.

I cant quite see the ding.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok, will check on that V drive in the morning. In the meantime here's some better pics of the bent prop blade....
            Attached Files

Comment

Yep, that pretty significant. You may not feel its out of balance, but the drive line can. it also creates eddies which boil the water and can eat away prop material and the hull just above the prop. Not too mention overall performance.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                If its blue, its likely the 1.46:1 and if its black, its likely the 1:1 but its best to find the metal tag on the unit and see what ratio is stamped on the tag. I have seen a black 1.46:1.

I cant quite see the ding.
                Hmm.... photos below - so there's the black part with a large metal plate attached with info including a ratio, showing 1.0:1.0, then there's the blue V drive unit which I can't see a plate or tag on with a ratio.
                Is the black unit a part of the V drive or is that the transmission?
                If that's part of the V drive then the ratio stamped onto that metal plate means I need to change the prop?
                If I'm interpreting that correctly, any advice on what sort of prop I should purchase?
                This boat has no ballast at all currently, but we will get ballast eventually.
                Even without ballast, but as a V drive with a wake tower with a high mounting point for the rope, it's already a big step up from my very old outboard boat for me & my buddies who are all long-term proficient wakeboard beginners - however we're all 40+, so we're not heading for flips, but all our kids are keen wakeboarders now, all between 10 and 16yrs old, so purchasing ballast will be a certainty, and particularly for the adults, a surf gate or even GSA at some point would be fun - as we're not as keen on wakeboard injuries now!
                Thanks again!
                Attached Files

Comment

ok, found some info online saying the V drive plate is at the bow end of the V drive - got my phone in there and took a photo of the plate - its 1.46 : 1 ratio, so although it's the right prop, it's damaged and needs replacing.
                  Would appreciate your thoughts on whether it should be replaced with the same model prop or something else based on our planned usage (see further up in this post).
                  I'm not interested in maxing out top speed - far prefer the capability to pull out of the hole, and something that works for wakeboarding / wake surfing.
                  Thanks so much.

Comment

here's the plate
                    Attached Files

Comment

ACME 1433 would be my choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X